Anonymous

Is it now racist to say "mixed race"?

People keep saying it is. If it is what else can you say, I mean wth...

Best Answer

In my opinion people can find everything racist if it suits them nowadays. It is over used and redundant imho.

• ?7 months agoReport

I'm mix race and I think saying mix race is fine what are peoples problems. Soon kids wont even be allowed to learn colours the only ones allowed will be blue red green purple and that's basically it like if I go somewhere and say orange , white , yellow e.g I will probably get shouted at

People are becoming far to sensitive with words in case of offending people racially.

Do us white people get offended if some one days 'white board'?

NO we don't!

Yet other race people seem to get offended if we say 'black board' or when the children sing the bar bar black sheep song. It's not bar bar rainbow sheep.

How pathetic. Seriously get over your colour skin! That's not racist whatsoever.

All of our black boards got changed in high school to white boards as it was racist to say black board, but that's what it is a black board!

Funny how its not racist to call a white board well.. A white board! Makes me so angry.

So stupid. No that's not racist at all & people need to get a grip.

How exactly can that be racist if someone IS of mixed race? People who think otherwise are the reason why kids are no longer allowed to sing baa baa black sheep.

I've not heard such a thing. I don't use the term "mixed race"; I just say mixed or multi-ethnic. I hate the term interracial. Centaurs and Minotaurs are interracial.

in a way that is where its going....

when mixed race folk cling to cultural aspects of a particular side of what they are mixed with... cries of racism will certainly be sung if you show any strong dissent to the idea.

if you use the artificial nonsense words of "hispanic/latino" as a gauge... then saying mixed race is absolutely a dirty word according to liberal thought police. its why those words were never allowed to be distinct racial categories for mixed heritage folk... its was supposedly offensive.

so we just use it so we can dance around the issue.... and then FORCE white or black or indian so-called hispanics to "share" a singular identity. the "racism" comes into play when someone white says they are not "like" a mixed race "fellow hispanic".... its not racism of course, but it is social conditioning that will USE racism.

being forced NOT to call someone mixed race will be less about stopping racism towards someone mixed... but racism directed towards people who are NOT mixed, who will be forced to "share" their own racial identity.

it will be "offensive" for you to maintain your own racial identity...when someone mixed emulates it.

You are right on the button. There is a whole industry devoted to racial and sexual semantics in the UK.

The Politically Correct ( capitals are mine ) term is a person of dual heritage.

I've never encountered that problem.

Next time someone says that to you then question them.

Am I supposed to be blind to the fact that you're not white, black or Asian?

I personally don't give a flying f*ck what you are but I've got two good eyes in my head.

I don't think so, though there does seem to be a trend to saying 'mixed heritage' instead.

• blah

Nope.

Not at all. Just avoid "half-caste".