What is the opposite of pre?

What is the opposite of the prefix, "pre"?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Reg
    Lv 7
    7 years ago
    Best Answer

think in terms of an operation in the hospital:

anything done BEFORE the operation is called - PRE-OP

and after the operation is called - POST OP

SO

PRE means before, and the opposite - POST - means after,

Source(s): 75 yrs on the planet
  • 3 years ago

Opposite Of Prefix

• Debra
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

You run into several problems: 1. TIME. Full time jobs? Kids? Do you even have time to yourselves? Life? Don't talk to me about life! 2. If one or the other is P-whipped and the non-p-whipped person's inlaws demand that all your friends be... I don't know, let's say Roman Catholics, and you happen to be agnostic. Well, sorry about your friendship! 3. Responsible living precludes going out drinking with your buddies. It can happen, but lately not as much. 4. Location, location: My friends also moved when they married and graduated from college. How often can you hang out with 100-500 miles between you? Isn't it easier to just find new friends? Ohohoho! You are talking about friendships with the OPPOSITE sex! HA!! My bad! Gee, I wonder where THAT would fit in... Hmmm... Nope. Sorry about your luck. If there isn't time for us guys, do you really think there is going to be time for you too?

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What is the opposite of pre?

What is the opposite of the prefix, "pre"?

Source(s): pre: https://shortly.im/N3rVp
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

pre means before

post means after

• 7 years ago

"Pre" means to come before. So the opposite would be "post," which comes after.

But the opposite of "prefix," which comes at the beginning of a word is actually "suffix," a word ending.

• xwdguy
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

• Linda
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axqBd

I think having good friends will help you succeed in your marriage. Rather than end the friendships you have, take the time to encourage your spouse to get to know your friends. You should also get to know their friends as well. It's too much to expect one person to be your spouse and only friend for a lifetime.

• 7 years ago

Suffix.

Prefixes include:

Un -- Uninhibited

Over -- Overworked

Multi -- Multifaceted

Suffixes include:

Ish -- Childish

Less -- Selfless

Able -- Likeable

• John
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

Disregard Sebastian's answer as it is obviously not related to the question in any way.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.