Bigger, stronger, older, kid wants to hit me. How to fight back?

Well, first off I'll give the tale of the tape and then explain the story line out.

He's 16 turning 17 soon & I'm 15 turning 16 in a year. I'm 5'8''1/2 - 5'9'', 145 pounds and hes about 5'11''-6'0'' around 180lbs. I'm a freshman in school & I think he is a sophomore, possibly a junior.

I'll start off just by saying he is a plain out douche, and a coward. He's never stepped up to anyone older, or bigger. Just little/smaller kids he knows he could hit & get away with it. The thing he likes doing is getting a bunch of his butt buddies together and going up to you & saying "Let me hit you one time, or we'll jump you", he's done this to two kids that I know of and one happens to be a pretty good friend he wants to hit again. I asked him the reason and he wouldn't give one, same thing happened when my friend asked him on a different occasion so I couldn't really tell you a reason why he wants too. But unlike the other kids, who just stood there & took the hit in fear of getting jumped, I won't. I'm not like that and won't allow myself to be ragdolled. So how do I fight back? What do I do? I got more heart than this chump does. So, help me out? Thanks. 10 pts.

Favorite Answer

and the military part of your girly whinge is?

First of all you must exhaust all sensible civil avenues for addressing the situation. He is much bigger, and he is older. This is bullying bordering on physical intimidation and assault. My guess is that you know all the proper ways to deal with this situation, so I will not bore you with all of them now. However, I will write that you need to inform a teacher, the principal or a guidance counselor about this problem. Also, your parents must know the details, so that, should the crap hit the fan -- one way or another -- they can deal with the situation with all the knowledge they need. Now, that being said...

This guy is bigger and older than you. If he initiates a physical confrontation with you, he is putting all honor and decency aside. I suggest you do the same thing. If he chooses to push you around a little, fine, do nothing. However, if he really gets tough -- starts throwing serious punches, choking you or other -- then pull out all the stops. Kick him in the crotch, elbow him in the windpipe or nose, grab a finger, if you can, and bend it right back. You may not like this rationalization, but if this guy goes for you, you are in the same situation a female is in with a male attacker -- you are dealing with someone who is using his superiority in size and weight to abuse you -- and in such a situation the potential victim should have no qualms about being nasty, under-hand, violent and brutal in his/her attempts to self-protect.

If being brutal and under-handed gives you the upper hand, do not at all abuse it, just take that opportunity to get away. Certainly, do not run, but do not make a meal of your having beaten this idiot.

And, of course, be aware, that this could all go wrong and you could get a royal thumping. However, it sounds that this is what you would get anyway, so....

I can appreciate the advice you've been given so far, but let's be realistic: if things get physical with this guy, you ARE going to get your a** kicked up and down. You could possibly take him in a one-on-one fight, but his friends aren't going to sit idly by and watch you kick him in the balls and eye gouge him. If he doesn't pummel you solo, they will jump in and turn you into hamburger meat.

The old adage about bullies, "if you stand up to them, they'll go away," is bullshit. If it were true, there wouldn't be bullies anymore, and you wouldn't be in this situation. The attitude that you have about this is admirable, but it isn't going to solve any problems for you. You either need to figure out how not to fight this guy, or you need to be prepared to get your a** kicked.

Either way, you need to tell your school administrators NOW about what is going on. The school counselor is probably your best bet, but make sure the principal hears of this also. Realistically, you should expect them to do nothing. After all, they probably hear this a dozen times a week, and they're busy with meetings, paperwork, and their normal job duties and don't have the time to babysit guys like him. This is fine. What is important is that you've established that the other guy is the aggressor, and you have also made them culpable in the event that they allow the bully to continue his behavior.

Next, have your parents call the police and file a report. Note that filing a report is different than moaning to the cops about what's happening. There needs to be real documentation of his threats, to include locations, dates, and witnesses if at all possible. Again, the cops will likely do nothing further at this point. It may warrant an officer dropping by the bully's house to talk with his parents, though, at which point I expect your problems with him will immediately stop. Either way, you have your bases covered.

The next part is up to you. If the bully tries to fight you, then you might as well blacken one of his eyes before his posse beats you senseless. However, you need to watch your mouth carefully. If you are seen antagonizing him in any way, the repercussions for him will be minimal or none. You need to beat this guy by keeping a cool head, and letting life come down on him. If he engages you, defend yourself. After that is when the real beating begins. Talk to the school staff and explain what happened. Being that you gave them advance notice of the situation, your parents are in an excellent position to sue the school board. This should be more than enough motivation for them to expel him and send him to an alternative school. There, he'll experience the other end of what he's been doing to you and the other kids, over and over.

Next, have your parents call the police and press charges. At worst, this will earn him some community service and a fine, and at best, it will send him to a juvenile detention center. Either way, his parents are likely to give him 10x the beating that he tried to give you. By the end of everything, he'll probably never see you or his punkass friends again.

If you think that using the system is cowardly, then you're probably going to have to run into this situation a few more times before you learn better. The vigilante justice that you want to dish out is probably going to get you messed up even worse. Be smart, cover your bases, and let the consequences of his crappy decisions be your revenge.

Taunt him relentlesly! Make sure you do in front of his friends or a group of people. He will get angry and probably get physical. Angry people can't fight. Keep your calm and move at 45 degree angles. Sick and move!

Alternatively, wait till he turns 18, do the same thing, let him hit you, and have him arrested for assaulting a minor.

If you really want to fight him, kick him on the inside of the knee with your shin bone. Never kick with your foot, always the shin. When starts to go down swing around to the opposite side and punch him in the kidney.

I say start out by squaring up and specially if he thinks he is so tuff, he will prob taunt and say come after me and blah blah blah. That is when you spread your fingers straight towards his face and gauge one of those little fingers will gauge his eye, and after that its all on you and go to town on the fool. I have told a few people to try it and it actually worked out quite well. It is one of the first basic techniques we learn in martial arts training in the Marines. Once his eye is poked he is useless trying to hold it cover it, open it and at that time your laying down punches maybe some kicks, throw in a sweep, who knows just keep going until someone stops you or he is out. He will stop bullying then. I could tell you so many other moves but telling them is different from doing. Might as well do the easier one that will startle your opponent and backyard fights are open game, you would be penalize for that in the UFC..lol

Source(s): US MARINE 10 years and going

Dude, I've been in this position multiple times while still in school. First you need to realize that he's just looking for a reaction out of you. With that being said, good for you for standing your ground! Like others have said, look for assistance from a teacher or something, at the very least let them know that way when push comes to shove, you have the upper hand if anything legal comes out of it.

On that note, honestly, what worked for me was looking dude in the eye and being honest. I remember the one time, because I had rehearsed it beforehand, I said "Yeah, dude, I'm intimidated by three different people against me. Like anybody would be. You do whatever you want, I just can't promise the reaction." with a demented smile on my face. Sure enough we fought and he got the best of me. About pissed his pants when I rode my bike to his house after school, but he had his parents there to defuse. His dad was still screaming at him when I got there lol.

Point being, you're not made out of glass. He's not going to kill you. Tough this ****** up if you feel the need, but whatever you do, DO NOT back down if you're not going to get help from a teacher or something. Most importantly, don't stress. It's high school; myself and the dude I speak of are tight friends nowadays, in the same volunteer fire company. He doesn't fight with me anymore. Why? Because I stood my ground and he respects the hell out of it. That, and he knows I'd kill his *** these days because he still has it coming. Never forgive, never forget.

Source(s): E-4, U.S. Army

First I would like to say that physical altercation like that is illegal and should be avoided at all cost. If the kid is running around punching other kids in the face all the time he must have some sort of security problem so fighting him will only give him satisfaction. If he does try to swing on you though, a nice open palm uppercut to the jaw should knock him out. :)

The old saying goes, and I am paraphrasing, "The size of the dog in the fight is irrelevant. What is relevant is the size of the fight in the dog." Something like that.

Anyway, if you believe you can win then you will. If this guy backs down easily then as soon as he realizes you aren't going to put up with his bullshit he will find an easier target. Punks like him are easily defeated.

Source(s): Krav Maga for the last 14 months.

Fight dirty, anything to bring the guy down to the ground and then just start rolling with kicks, punches, knees ,elbows etc. The balls are fair game. headbutt his under jaw like an uppercut (might hurt though).

go for the solar plexus its just under the rib cage its like a little dent that you can push and it will feel uncomfortable it will bring him down if you punch in an upward motion with one/two knuckles out in front. Go for the kidneys as well they hurt if punched hard enough the key is to bring him down.

Remember to be quicker than him and do anything it take to win, use the environment as a weapon as well for example walls.

Good luck and i hope i helped

Source(s): practice in martial arts

If you can't avoid the fight, a good swift kick to the nuts will bring him down, then a knee to the face. Then walk away

Source(s): U.S.Army Disabled Veteran 19K20 M1A1 Abrams Heavy MBT 1990-1996
  • have a friend or two as witnesses then have him punch you .. iafter that, sue the living sht out of him for physical injuries. if you manage it in front of some CCTV camera, the better.

avoid being the one who strikes first. sad to say, but you'd be the initiator of the conflict, then.