? asked in Arts & HumanitiesDancing · 7 years ago

Is it necessary to take tap lessons?

I was just wondering if you really need tap lessons to do tap dancing?

Update:

Can you just use like YouTube or some videos to learn?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Best Answer

If you learn on youtube and you have the wrong technique no one will be able to correct you, also with tap lessons you will have the space needed to dance full out which you will not have at home. Also I dont think your family will be happy if you make black marks all over wooden flooring.

• 7 years ago

You can’t learn on Youtube properly because there will be no one to correct you. You need to have the specialized tap floor as well. You have to go to a dance studio to learn tap dance or else you’re just trying to do something that won’t work out. Go to a studio and learn tap.

Tap is life.

Source(s): dancer
  • 7 years ago

If you want to learn how to tap dance you need to take dance lessons, yes.

• 3 years ago

ballet could be greater constructive. understand that ballet is the abc's of dance. all dance stems off of ballet. so in case you wanna do something else and additionally you're good at ballet then gaining wisdom of that next class(jazz, hip hop, or faucet) then that's going to be somewhat simple. although ballet provides you with an outstanding artwork out. you would be sweating by skill of the top of your ballet classification. to me ballet is greater exciting.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

We did tap dancing in our school without any prior knowledge of tapping.We prepared it on our own just by watching tutorials and performances.

• 7 years ago

Well it depends. If you learn better through a computer go for it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.