Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingToddler & Preschooler · 7 years ago

how much should I pay for childcare for 2 days? my son is one years old.?

I will only be leaving my son 2 days a week and she said give me whatever.. please help!!!

• Jamie
    Best Answer

A good babysitter (teenager) would get about $40 a day.

A good childcare would charge upwards of $120 per day.

(Both depending on where you live could be slightly less, or a great deal more)

Since, (because she said, "give me whatever") this is likely an adult friend, neighbor or relative, I would aim for about $50 - $75 a day.

So for 2 days, $100 - $150 a week.

If this is not someone you know, I strongly recommend that you get an agreement on price in writing.

Good luck!

I watch a 1 year old boy 6 hours a day in my home and I charge $15 for the day.

If i have him under 6 hours I only Charge $8 for the day.

But parents must provide snacks and milk and juice to drink for child

"Give me whatever"?? Seriously? Did you discuss exactly what she is going to be doing with your child? Meals? Activities? Outside play? Crafts? Is she qualified? Experienced? What are her policies around discipline and diapering and sleep time, etc.? Holiday and sick day pay? Does she have other children?

Going rate here (canada) is $35 per day, more for a baby.

• Emily

I work in a daycare centre in Ontario, and the cost is $50/day for a one year old and we provide all diapers and food. It might help if you knew exactly what she would be providing (diapers, food, formula etc.) so you could come up with a fair rate.

• ?

She needs to have a baby sitting rate. You need to ask her again what her rate is.

I'm a very experience nanny and get $104 a day.

How much experience does she have ? How many toddlers has she watched? How long have her other baby sitting jobs last- where they nanny jobs or occasional baby sitting jobs ?

@favorite. Do you watch more then one kid ? That is a low rate.

initially, you ought to have been reported that very day. in fact, you ought to have been given the incident checklist to function your signature to besides. discover yet another day care, needless to say, then get a lawyer and initiate off a lawsuit against the worker and the midsection itself for putting a properly-known baby abuser back into her activity.