Can I consolidate a Sallie Mae (listed as "PRIVATE CREDIT STUDENT" loan) with my Direct Loan?

I know it's probably unlikely. I'm attempting to apply for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program that Congress passed in 2007, and my employment qualifies, and I have qualifying loans. I'm just not sure if my 2 Sallie Mae loans that are listed as "SLM PRIVATE CREDIT STUDENT LN" would... show more I know it's probably unlikely.

I'm attempting to apply for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program that Congress passed in 2007, and my employment qualifies, and I have qualifying loans. I'm just not sure if my 2 Sallie Mae loans that are listed as "SLM PRIVATE CREDIT STUDENT LN" would qualify. Are they the kind of private loans that are guaranteed by the federal government? If they are, they might qualify.