Shelter won't tell me who adopted a dog?

I breed Bloodhounds and sold a puppy under contract to a lady four months ago. The contract is clear that the dog is to come back to me if she can not keep him. The contract states the dog CAN NOT be abandoned, sent to a shelter, or given away any other way. I found out that the lady put the dog in the POUND two... show more I breed Bloodhounds and sold a puppy under contract to a lady four months ago. The contract is clear that the dog is to come back to me if she can not keep him. The contract states the dog CAN NOT be abandoned, sent to a shelter, or given away any other way. I found out that the lady put the dog in the POUND two weeks ago. I called because I was going to pick him up and they said he was adopted. They would not tell me who adopted him.

Because this is a legal issue - is there anything I can do to find out who has him? I do not live there. I am 14 hours away. But this puppy was under LEGAL CONTRACT and I do not want some random city person to have a BLOODHOUND, it is a WORKING DOG and is going to be a very hard pet for someone who doesn't know what to expect. Thanks
Update: To add - I am not saying the bloodhound is a bad pet, but MY lines are working lines.