Do teachers gossip and talk about students?

Say if a student self harms, and a teacher knew would she tell other staff ? Not like gossip but tell teachers and stuff?

Favorite Answer

It may depend, but my teachers, yes. They have their meeting sometimes in the Student Council office where I'm always there(because I'm a Student Council secretary). Its not that I'm eavesdropping or what, I just kind of hear them because they're just way too loud. Sometimes they mostly talk about the students who made something funny, or those who are very naughty. It's not what we call "gossip" they're actually just observing the performance of the students. They also report incidents to the adviser of that student. They don't gossip, they discuss about the performance.

yes. Teachers gossip just like the students they teach

Yes!! Just like students gossip to other students

• Terry

I would not call it gossip. When teachers have a problem with a pupil they will often ask advice from other older teachers. Many a dinner time I have discussed problems with others, about a certain pupil and find we are all having the same problem. Pupils who don't wash for example. or young ladies who flirt with with male teachers . some of our female colleges will volunteer to have a word with them. Self harm is a regular subject as sometimes we cannot see the reason for it. We do care about our pupils.

If a student is a risk of causing harm to ones self or others then it is the teachers duty to protect students welfare and report it. Therefore your teacher will most likely tell someone. Although it does depend on the techer and your relationship with them, if they think its a one off and your ok, maybe not. But prepare yourself because they probably ill discuss this, maybe with your parents.

• Pamela

My cousin is a teacher in a local school. Many of her students are minorities (my cousin and I are both white). The difference between us is that she's a racist, and I'm not. She's CONSTANTLY talking bad about her Mexican and black students, its awful, I can't stand to be around her. And, the thing is, her students - and their parents - love her, but she puts on an act in front of them, she pretends to love all of them. In reality, she'd prefer to work at an all-white school.