Liberals, would the sky fall if the Federal Reserve disappeared? Who would fund ur pet projects w/ interest?

Best Answer

If you consider the mess with the Euro right now you'll have a good idea of what America would be like without the Federal Reserve.

• Claire

I love how they collect money for necessary government services with low overhead and regulate inflation to help stave off more severe boom-and-bust cycles. The money they collect goes to the military, securing the border, and the War on Drugs so there's something for you to like too! :) However I was unaware that the IRS served as the collection agency of the Federal Reserve. Can you point me in a direction so I can read some more about it? Also, while we're talking about events nearly 100 years ago, can you tell me what you love most about Jim Crow laws enacted in the South following Reconstruction and repealed over the objections of conservatives between the 1930s and the 1960s?

First of all most of that money comes from borrowing, not printing presses.

Second, I could just as easily ask,

"conservatives, would the sky fall if the Federal Reserve disappeared and we had to have a balanced budget? Who would fund your pointless wars overseas, and the 1 trillion a year spent on your war machine?"

I no longer adhere to any political party because I realize it just divides us here in the United States. I was a life long Democrat, but now I choose to distance myself from any political party. Here is why...The Fed Reserve should be backed by gold and audited. They print money continuously out of thin air. That money may be worth far less than the paper it is printed on. Other countries are backing their medium of exchange by gold. India is now willing to buy oil from Iran with gold exchange. Gaddifi wanted a gold exchange. The sky will not fall if the Federal Reserve disappeared ...and I don't know why I put them in caps because they don't deserve it!

• Yes. Our pet projects include jobs, infrastructure and education. SOMEONE better fund these things, because the c0ns have no intention of keeping their promises or responsibility to do it.

Is Wall Street one of OUR pet projects.

the dead boston bomber was a fan of alex jones

• vrzz

First you need to understand what the FED is before making stupid accusations.

I'm not a defender of the FED, but for god's sake, please familiarize yourself a little bit.

It would only be a total worldwide economic meltdown, no big deal....