1. Call Aaron and/or Mays, just because I'm the Commish and I can!
2. Invoke visitor rules for interleague play -- the DH bats in NL parks.
3. Rescind the "ASG determines WS homefield" policy. I don't have a replacement in mind, but it'll be something even more confounding that will be loathed by every fan ever. They'll be *screaming* to go back to the alternate-years format.
4. I rule on Rose's 1997 application for reinstatement. The entire document goes on for one, maybe two sentences, summarized as "no".
5. Get something happening with the Athletics and San Jose. It's past time for action!
6. Reinstate one neutral-site series per season. Remember the Padres in Mexico? The Cards in Honolulu? The Expos calling San Juan home for a quarter of their season? Those were cool, and need to come back. Europe gets a few. China, South Korea, Australia, Sea of Tranquility -- the farther-flung, the better.
7. Hint at expansion to 32 teams, then never get around to making it happen during my tenure.
8. Convene a panel of medical and biomolecular experts, to evaluate the state of the art of physical enhancement and make measured predictions of what could be coming over the next 15-20 years, resulting in preliminary policies against experimental usage by the player population. (This is serious. There's gene therapy and elective surgeries and other things coming, probably not in the US but elsewhere, which will make steroids seem like children's chewable vitamins, and we'd all be better off asking "what then?" now than asking "what now?" then.)
9. Begin drafting my Hall of Fame induction speech. As Commish, I pretty much have a guaranteed ticket in, so why wait until the last minute?
That's nine, and that's the baseball number, so I conclude here.