Rajaram asked in SportsCricket · 7 years ago

Do you think Dravid reaction to Umpire was right?

I could feel some sound while ball crossing Dravid's bat. Umpire gave him out against strong appeal from Karthik and Johnson.

Maybe the decision was wrong. Do you think a Cricket legend's behavior was right???

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

How did you 'feel some sound' while ball crossing his bat? I was watching it live and did not find any knick sound at all.

And as far as Dravid's reaction, it was all in the heat of the moment. Stuff happens. He was pointing out that it should be called a wide ball as he believed the ball did not touch the bat at all. Dravid's integrity is generally beyond doubt.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 7 years ago

Well, what do you expect when a legend gets such a poor decision that goes against him! After all there wasn't even a great appeal? I think Dravid saw how preposterous the decision was & more so shocked to see the umpire raise his finger in utmost confidence. That's what made him explode. The umpiring in this IPL has been nothing short of mediocre especially for Indian umpires

• 7 years ago

Every player will react like Dravid when umpire decision is wrong. Dravid calmed down shortly and walked away in a good manner.

I won't say that Dravid's behaviour was good but the umpire decision is horrible.

• 7 years ago

Every team that has played against Mumbai Indian have has issues with umpiring,so it doesnt seem unusual that Dravid reacted that way.I mean the same ball would be given as a wide had Mumbai been batting

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

I think Dravid reaction to Umpire was not right but umpire decision is not good

• 7 years ago

Dravid is very well known batsman of world cricket. He is also a decent man. But in that match his team needed him, so he got a little disturbed by umpire's decision.

• 7 years ago

First hand reaction of any human being after getting deceived. He quickly controlled himself which is more notable. Any other player would have made a fuss about that but you never see players like Dravid and Sachin complaining about the wrong decisions that go against them.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

it was surly not right for a player of international cricket to behave like this

but the umpire decision

• 7 years ago

Not actually right but the umpire's decision was wrong

• 7 years ago

Cricket legend's behavior was not right, but we can understandi why he does it,

we know where he was born and raised .

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.