Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 7 years ago

Simple Egg salad recipes?

I'm looking for a simple (but not too simple) Egg salad recipe to use on a sandwich. Obviously mayo and hard boiled eggs, but what seasonings should i uses? Previous recipes you liked that i should try?

Update:

I don't want it to be sweet

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Best Answer

Chunky Egg Salad http://www.recipelion.com/Deli-Salads/Chunky-Egg-S...

Ingredients

1/4 cup Miracle Whip

1 tablespoon cider vinegar

1 teaspoon salt

1/4 cup onion, minced

1/2 teaspoon Worchestershire suace

1 teaspoon prepared mustard

1/4 teaspoon ground white or red pepper

6 hard-cooked eggs

1 cup celery, thinly sliced

2 tablespoons green pepper, minced or red or green hamburger relish

1 tomato, sliced or whole tomato

Parsley, for garnish

Instructions

In medium bowl, stir Miracle Whip and vinegar, salt, onion, Worchestershire sauce, mustard and pepper until well mixed.

Cut eggs into chunks or dice, as you prefer. Add eggs, celery, add green pepper or relish to Miracle Whip mixture. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate till well chilled.

To Serve: Spoon mixture on tomato slices or into whole tomato. If using whole tomato, either cut off top and spoon out some of the middle, set on shredded lettuce and loosely fill with egg salad, or cut tomato into 8 wedges but do not cut all the way down, so that the tomato wedges will stay connected.

Notes

Try serving this on rye bread, open faced, topped with shredded Swiss, American or mozzarella. Stick it under the broiler just until the cheese melts.

Another unique idea is to top chopped, cooked, well-drained spinach or mashed potatoes, which have been mixed with vanilla yogurt, fresh ground black pepper and melted butter with the egg salad.

Classic Egg Salad Sandwich http://www.recipelion.com/Sandwiches/Classic-Egg-S...

Ingredients

6 hard cooked eggs, chopped

1 tablespoon minced onion

2 minced stalks celery, plus leaves

1 teaspoon celery seed

Dash salt

Dash black pepper

1/2 cup Hellman's mayonnaise

1 teaspoon prepared mustard

Instructions

Mix all ingredients, refrigerate until ready for serving.

Baked Egg Salad http://www.recipelion.com/Deli-Salads/Baked-Egg-Sa...

Ingredients

12 large eggs

2 tablespoons dill relish

1/2 tablespoon yellow mustard

1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder

1/3 cup olive oil mayo

Instructions

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Place eggs in muffin tin and bake for 30 minutes. Remove pan from oven and cool on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove eggs from pan and place in cold water until completely cooled.

Gently tap and roll eggs to break shells; peel off remaining shell. Chop eggs and add all remaining ingredients to bowl and mix well. Serve over lettuce or on bread.

Light Egg Salad http://www.cookingclassy.com/2013/04/light-egg-sal...

Ingredients

10 large eggs, hard boiled, cooled, 4 yolks removed (and discarded), dice remaining

2/3 cup Greek yogurt

1 Tbsp mayonnaise

2 tsp prepared mustard

1 tsp agave nectar

1 tbsp fresh dill or 1 tsp dried dill

1/4 tsp onion powder

1 pinch garlic powder

Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste

Directions

Place diced eggs in a mixing bowl. In a separate small mixing bowl, whisk together all remaining ingredients until well blended. Pour over diced eggs and toss to evenly coat. Serve on bread, layered with tomatoes, avocados and spinach if desired.

Source(s): LB
  • 4 years ago

Source(s): Delicious Paleo Recipe Guide : http://PaleoCookbook.raiwi.com/?uMUG
  • 7 years ago

Using onions, mayo and celery you can make a delicious and satisfying egg salad recipe. This is one of those great easy to make deli salad recipes that's perfect to prepare and take along to a picnic or other outdoor event. When you get tired of having turkey or ham sandwiches for lunch every day, this inventive egg salad recipe is also a great alternative. Try it out and see what you think... it may just become your new favorite way to style your sandwich!

Serves: 3

Ingredients

1/4 cup mayonnaise

2 teaspoons lemon juice

1 teaspoon dried minced onion

1/4 teaspoon pepper

6 hard-cooked eggs, chopped

1/2 cup finely chopped celery

Instructions

Combine mayo, lemon juice, onion, and pepper.

Stir in eggs and celery.

Cover and chill.

• 7 years ago

i love egg salad sandwich

it doesn't need mustard or sweet relish, i don't like those in egg salad

i use the following

boiled eggs (4 eggs) chopped and smash with a fork

chopped onion and celery (2 slices onion and 1 stalk celery)

mayo ( start with 2 tbsp can add more depends on your taste)

salt and pepper (just enough to season)

mix and let sit in fridge a couple of hours --- this makes it taste better

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://smarturl.im/aDTrE

Well, I'm a kosher dill pickle girl myself, but: 2 eggs, @ 1 TBSP mayo, @ 2 tsp relish & mustard, salt & pepper should do you. Oh, I like onions in mine, as well. And always start with about 1/2 the mayo you think you should use, then add some more if you think it is too dry once you've finished mixing everything in -- that way it won't be runny. Happy eating!

• 7 years ago

6 large eggs

1/4 cup mayonnaise

1 tablespoon mustard

salt and pepper

Directions:

Place eggs in a pot and add enough water to cover eggs by at least one inch.

Quickly bring the water to a boil, then remove from heat and let the eggs sit in the hot water for 15 minutes.

Remove eggs from hot water and immediately place them in a bowl filled with ice until they're cooled completely.

Peel the cooled eggs and dice or mash them.

Mix together mayonnaise and mustard; combine with the eggs.

Add salt and pepper to taste.

Refrigerate for at least an hour to allow the flavors to combine

• Sweet relish won't make it sweet. I add a tiny bit of yellow mustard and either seasoned or celery salt. And a little pepper.

• Cheryl
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

If you want to eat truly healthy, lose body fat consistently, normalize your blood pressure, cholesterol levels, prevent cancer, and even boost your brain health and energy levels, you may have heard all over the news that the Paleo Diet has been found to be one of the best methods of achieving all of these benefits compared to any other popular "fad" diets out there. Go here https://bitly.im/aMkGC

The truth is that the Paleo Diet will never be considered a fad because it's just simply the way that humans evolved to eat over approximately 2 million years. And eating in a similar fashion to our ancestors has been proven time and time again to offer amazing health benefits, including prevention of most diseases of civilization such as cancer, heart disease, alzheimers, and other chronic conditions that are mostly caused by poor diet and lifestyle. One of the biggest misunderstandings about the Paleo Diet is that it's a meat-eating diet, or a super low-carb diet. This is not true

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

A small amount of mustard along with the mayo. Salt, pepper, a little sweet relish or chopped up green olives. If you use the olives you might not need the salt. Or you could add tiny cut up pieces of ham.

• 7 years ago

I like a little bit of dijon mustard and salt and pepper to taste. My boyfriend loves adding a bit of hot-sauce too. You can't really go wrong!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.