Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 7 years ago

Is fear truly useless, as the Bible tells us? What are 3 benefits of worrying?

"Fear is useless; what is needed is trust." -Luke 8:50

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Well...I suppose fear will help you learn what you're made of.......

• 6 years ago

Fear is an evolutionary behavior conditioned into intelligent life. Without fear, animals would not recognize the impending danger of a predator or other aggressive animal. With too much fear, animals wouldn't be able to settle down for a proper meal without being spooked by something. So, to answer your question, fear is a very natural, environmentally-conditioned response to stimuli.

• 7 years ago

Anything in excess can be bad. Fear can help you survive, fear of failure can keep you in line to be more successful, fear shows the way to true courage, for there is no courage with overcoming fear.

Worry is concern in excess. Jesus said "don't worry about tomorrow, the evil of today is sufficient there of"

but we are to be concerned about tomorrow. Esau was not concerned about tomorrow and sold his birthright for a bowl of stew. God say "let there never be a man as immoral as esau" because he could not discipline himself, or plan for tomorrow.

Source(s): all things in moderation
  • 7 years ago

Fear in what sense of the word would do good for the believer in the faith of Abraham? Worry is not properly fear in the sense of reverence as fear in Job 28:28 would suggest for example. "And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of YHWH, that [is] wisdom; and to depart from evil [is] understanding." Come, ye children, hearken unto me: I will teach you the fear of YHWH. Psalm 34:11 What does fear have as fruit if properly focused on with knowledge of scripture? The fear of YHWH [is] the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do [his commandments]: his praise endureth for ever. Psalm 111:10

Fear without really returning to the instruction of G_d through "Trust" as has been put then you are only a worrier and the fear off YHWH is not in us. If it was we would return, (repent) to the way of our fathers' and put our trust on YHWH and our hope in the face of G_d the Messiah Jesus as most know him but I do know him as Yeshua, (YHWH's Salvation). The fear of YHWH [is] to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate. (Pro. 8:13)

Source(s): Scripture References from KVJ and are easy to find on Blueletterbible.org.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

Fear can save/saves lives

Being worry can be rational or irrational, and again, it can save a lost of problems when rational. (as a gut feeling for example - an instinct at work)

Having fear/being worry of something/someone can actually help achieve some goals a lax person won't.

It can serve as an engine to move us forward.

((((MM))))

• /\
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

I don't think there are

any benefits to worrying.

It doesn't change anything.

It doesn't help in any way,

although it might prompt you

into positive action to alleviate it.

Fear on the other hand

can be a great teacher.

Sometimes, it will even

keep you alive..

• Sara
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

As I stand in the path of the oncoming train

Nothing by fear have I to gain.

You can try this yourself

But you won't be the same.

• 7 years ago

Fear is a great survival skill....if one were not afraid of predators, one would get eaten quicker....

Worrying? HMMM...that is a stretch though......maybe while worrying one may come up with solutions, otherwise worry is a waste of energy.

• The lord wants our fear.

God wants our love.

These are opposites.

• 7 years ago

It truly is and if our faith is in the Creator of the whole Universe, then what can man do to us? He cannot restore our life, can he?

Proverbs 29:25 Trembling at men is what lays a snare,

but he that is trusting in Jehovah will be protected.

• 5 years ago

La paura e importante.L'uomo e sopravvissuto seguendo la legge di "sopravvive il più pauroso"

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.