Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 7 years ago

What's so good about GTA (Grand Theft Auto)?

Hi, I am by no means, a hater, I have no thoughts on the GTA games and having bought GTA 3 for PS2 and Borrowing GTA IV, I honestly don't understand, what is the big deal about these games? I am not bashing GTA, I just don't find much interest in it. And also, I am not a "Cod or Halo fanboy". I do play Halo frequently, but I alternate between my systems, playing games like Mortal Kombat 9, Uncharted, Infamous, Gears of War, Battlefield, Final Fantasy, Mass Effect, NHL 13, and even Saints row the third. I don't mean to brag, but I may not be the greatest gamer in the world, but I am certainly higher than average at gaming. After playing GTA IV for a while, I did enjoy it, but it just didn't give me that distinct feel of something I would enjoy. I'm not sure why, but anyway, I wan't to know others peoples opinion on why GTA is so fun and perhaps why I might not enjoy it as much as other people.

Favorite Answer

Grand Theft Auto 3 - Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas were brilliant games, but Grand Theft Auto IV is pure torture, yet people act like it's still Rockstars God gift to Video gaming.

-The Roads are black ice

- the Combat/Cover system is beyond broken

- the missions are asinine and throw you into so many situations without an regards or care if you know what you are doing or not (First Race, First time on a Bike, First time on a Boat, First time in a helicopter).

- The characters are forgettable

- The missions, if they weren't so unbearable annoying would be forgettable pointless.

- You don't care about anything or anyone

- You want to crush your cellphone under a car.

When I reviewed this game I tried to be patient and see what the hype was, but to be honest I still don't get why people overrate Grand Theft Auto IV so horrible. I'm not going on a limb whatsoever by saying Saint Row 2 did everything, better then Grand Theft Auto IV. I doubt Grand Theft Auto V will be any better...

Source(s): I'm a video game critic, it's kinda; my job.

It's immersive. It feels like real life. Yaknow, you're walking around and you're free to explore every part of city, and interact with the people. Doing crimes will have consequences and stuff. And they've recently added multiplayer, so you can play with your friends. If you've just recently played GTA IV, you're not going to enjoy it because, it's **** compared to today's standards, but back then it was awesome. GTA: SA was AMAZING back then. GTA V will have underwater exploration, so instead of just walking around with friends, you can swim around or drive submarines together.

I enjoy free roam games a lot, and it's my favourite genre.

Source(s): Avid sandbox gamer.

i've got not got a particular favourtite, i like them centred on distinctive motives. i could say my fave is San Andreas, yet i will't clarify why, it grew to become into my first GTA that in basic terms belonged to me, so very own motives incredibly, and a pair of participant :) 2nd, Vice city: i like the music and atmosphere. 0.33, Vice city memories for an identical reason.

gta 3 sucked. on gta sa ,i spent hours playing it. i loved it cause it let me do whatever i want. if i want to fire a rocket at a fire truck, i could. if i wanted to go steal a boat i could. you can fly planes and jump out. have cops shoot and chase you.

So i think people love it cause of endless possiblities. and the missions like dealing with gangs and stealing stuff from people while getting shot at, is "real world" stuff.

Gta is what got me into classic rock and street talk lol.

i don't know why and i've been playing gta since i was 5 and i love the game and everyone at my school talks about the game

Its a open-world game but a realistic one great storyline and fun multiplayer cant wait for gta V

Are u kidding me? I was gonna say you just must not like hardcore open world games but if your truly telling me you find saints row 3 completely enjoyable but see nothing in GTAIV then I myself definitely couldn't pinpoint what your problem is, but it's a pretty big one because I couldn't even fathom the thought of something liking SR but seeing nothing in GTA. you and me have somewhat similar tastes in games, so I don't understand how you don't like it, but try saying this again after playing gta Sanandreas.

It's Awesome, you can do whatever you want ,Kill people especially cops, rides cars and used cheats to help you get good things like guns, money.You can do missions.I played it and i swear it;s the best game ever ;)

• Robin

its a great escape from real life

or for me i just enjoy a good mass murdering spree when some 1 annoys me ^_^

it just amazing try out gta v when it come out