Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 7 years ago

What's your favorite pasta recipe?

what is your favorite type of pasta to make and what's in it? you don't have to tell me the whole recipe.. just some of the main ingredients. im looking to try some new things :)

Best Answer

I can live on pasta here's my 3 favorites

Italian sausage ....the easiest and fastest ever. Simply take the meat out of 1lb of hot italian sausage and fry it up with or without onions, peppers and hot peppers and add any basic tomato sauce

Chicken/asparagus Alfredo. Take pieces of torn up chicken and cut up fresh asparagus and saute with some garlic, Take a 1/4 stick of butter and 1 cup cream 1/3 cup parmesan and heat over low heat till mixed. Toss pasta, chicken and sauce together. Sprinkle fresh black pepper and parmesan on top

Meatballs, can't give u family recipe but mixing lean beef and a bit of ground pork is key. Add spices you like...garlic and parmesan are an Italian must. Use a basic sauce so the meatballs are the center of attention

• Erika

Favorite Pasta Recipes

1

Source(s): Delicious Paleo Recipes Guide - http://PaleoCookbook.raiwi.com/?JiYx

Pasta is probably one of my favorite foods! We eat it quite often in my house, using a variety of ingredients and cooking techniques. I have listed some of my favorite dishes below. Usually we make a double batch and freeze half of it for a later meal when there isn't time to cook something.

1. Baked macaroni and cheese is a good comfort meal. We have a recipe that doesn't require cooking the pasta before baking. It includes typical mac and cheese ingredients such as butter, shredded cheddar cheese, milk, pasta, and dried herbs.

2. Italian style pasta dishes with spaghetti sauce are great as well, including stuffed shells, ravioli, baked spaghetti, and cheese lasagna. We just use classic recipes with no crazy ingredients.

3. Fettuccine alfredo is my all time favorite pasta dish. I make a version using cream cheese instead of heavy cream, milk, butter, parsley flakes, and parmesan cheese. It's a lighter version of the classic pasta dish, but you can't tell when eating it because the flavor is still amazing!

4. Buffalo chicken macaroni and cheese is a recipe that I discovered online. It uses ranch dressing as a main sauce component as well as hot sauce, cream cheese, milk, butter, and shredded chicken breasts. The entire thing is topped with shredded cheese and baked in the oven.

5. Cheeseburger pasta is something I have made before that everyone enjoyed. It included typical cheeseburger toppings such as bacon bits, barbecue sauce, ketchup, onion, garlic, dried herbs, cheddar cheese, relish, and ground burger. I've also made it using leftover rice instead of boiling pasta.

During September we are focusing on Quick Weeknight Meals, ways to nourish yourself and others during the busy autumn season. But we're also breaking that down into a few favorite regions of cuisine, starting with that of Italy. We'll be talking Italian food and quick, easy meals of pasta and other Italian-inspired dishes all week long! So, to kick it off, tell us: What's your favorite pasta recipe?

Personally, I love orecchiette with sausage and spicy greens. I also love pretty much any ravioli or pasta with butternut squash.

It's so hard to choose! One recent favorite was fettucine with pesto and sauteed mushrooms. Yesterday my husband made a wonderful sauce with grated zucchini, tomato puree, and fresh basil, that was out of this world. He served it over these ring-shaped pasta with a sort of "calamari" name because they look so much like calamari. I can't remember the exact word.

I've made homemade fettuccine a couple times and it is tough to beat. Had that once with my husband's vodka cream sauce. YUM.

2 tablespoons olive oil

1 onion, diced

1 clove garlic, minced

1 (14.5 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained

1 tablespoon dried basil leaves or a handful of fresh basil leaves

3/4 teaspoon white sugar

1/4 teaspoon dried oregano

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper

1/2 cup heavy cream

1 tablespoon butter

Boil pasta for 10 minutes or until andante

In a saucepan, saute onion and garlic in olive oil over medium heat. Make sure it doesn't burn. Add tomatoes, basil, sugar, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to boil and continue to boil 5 minutes or until most of the liquid evaporates. Remove from heat; stir in whipping cream and butter. Reduce heat and simmer 5 more minutes.

My top three favorite pastas in no particular order are Spaghetti Meatballs, Carbonara, and any pasta with Pesto. Yum!

• Zarina

Shrimp Scampi with angel hair pasta topped with lemon infused Italian parsley.

• Jodi D

Spaghetti with only butter, black pepper, garlic, and Parmesan cheese.

Or, shrimp scampi over angel hair pasta Alfredo.

shrimp, mushroom, eggplant lasagna wash, slice, and saute eggplant for a few min, set aside. 2 to 3 large red onions, chopped 1 to 2 lb thawed fresh shrimp 1 to 2 pkg mushrooms, washed, chopped 3 scallions, sliced 1 cup honey 1 cup horseradish 1 cup yellow mustard 2 tsp fresh dill, cumin, rosemary, sage, cilantro oregano, white pepper, salt 2 jars prego sauce or chopped tomatoes and 1/2 can tomato paste 2 pkg shredded mozzarella and swiss in mixer add the cheese, honey, mustard, horseradish, spices tomato sauce, and onion, mix for about one minute. add mix to layers of lasagna, bake at 350, 1 hour