Desperately need help with '95 Chevy S-10 Blazer V6 4.3L (MFI)?

I have a '95 S10-Blazer, with a V6 - 4.3L (vin W - MFI) engine. While driving to work one day, and stopped in front of my job (ironically I work at O'Reilly Auto Parts), the engine just suddenly died. It would not restart. We pushed into the lot, where it remains today (2 weeks later). I consulted with with one of my co-workers (who is a lot more mechanically inclined than I am), and said that it sound like a bad fuel pump. So, this is what has been done:

* Replaced fuel pump

* Replaced fuel filter

* Tested for spark from coil (there is)

* Checked fuel pressure (there is fuel going to the fuel rail)

Car cranks, but will not start, however, car will start when you spray starting fluid into the breather (I know that's not good), but dies after starting fluid burns off. He now thinks that it is a fuel / electrical problem, because fuel is not reaching the injectors. Any ideas from you experts? Please help, I can't afford to just keep replacing parts, and I really need the vehicle to get to and from work. Please, I am begging for assistance. Could a bad coil cause this - how about a bad ignition control module (which is what I am thinking)? Thanks in advance.

For personal advice , please e-mail me at lemonwolf1@gmail.com.

Favorite Answer

If it starts with either then your ignition is working,you have a fuel problem. These have a fuel pressure regulator located inside the intake manifold that are known to leak. Hope this helps.

Source(s): Old car guy
  • Brent

I don't do email, but it does sound like the FPR as mentioned is toast.

Why would you spend money on firing off the parts cannon like that if you are short on money???

Vortecs from that time are VERY finicky about what fuel pressure range they will run in--a very narrow range at that--and a leaking FPR will make your day longer.