How can i convince myself to become vegetarian?

Recently I have become not keen on eating meat because an animal is a living thing and does not deserve to be eaten! They have feelings and a life too so please how can i convince myself to become vegetarian all the time, because meat tastes nice but i do not want to eat animals! I hope you understand x

By the way my step dad is a butcher

Best Answer

I know it how you feel, that's how I felt in the begging. After all I was a big meat eater, I ate it practically each day, but one day I came across a documentary called earthlings. The guilt consume me and I just couldn't live with myself knowing this things happen and I didn't do anything about it. The best way to convince yourself to stay away from meat is to keep yourself inspire. I want you to understand that a vegetarian diet can be bad for you if you do it wrong, so you also need to keep yourself inspire to eat healthy. The way I did this was by watching documentaries and rescue video on the subject. Some of the ones I watched earthlings (graphic) hungry for change, forks over knives, fat, sick, and nearly dead, and vegucated are more health wise but still great. You should totally watch these, there amazing and keep you on track with a healthy vegetarian diet. Also I just created a blog and today I'm going to post an essay about by choosing a plant based diet, you should really read it inspireculture.blogspot.com it's really persuasive and it shows you more than one reason on why you should be a vegetarian. I hope this helps and the blog post will be up in about an hour. Good Luck :)

Do some research, find out about the many yummy foods you will be eating on a vegetarian diet, you'll soon realize you won't miss. Going in to work with your stepfather and watching him butcher should also help-meat is really pretty gross before you put it through all the steps required to make it palatable.

Begin by cutting back the amount of meat you eat, that is the best way.

With your step dad as a butcher ask him and pay attention about the process the animals go through before they arrive in his shop or table before he starts cutting it up

Dune

You've already convinced yourself: You no longer believe it's okay to eat animals. If you're asking how to go about weaning yourself off of a omnivore diet, though, the clue is in the sentence: wean yourself off of animals. Switching from one to the other abruptly will just make you sick and you'll crave meat because your body isn't used to not eating it. Spend about a week not eating a certain food, but continue to eat other meats. For example, don't eat beef the first week and concentrate on just avoiding beef, but continue to eat pork, chicken, ext. The second week, cut out turkey as well as beef. The third, avoid eating turkey, beef, and fish. Eventually, you'll be veg.

Just think of what the animal itself eats and how gross it is bacause ... say Pigs dont w,sweat so all that stays in there body.

Also if you poor a type of soda on any meat small back worms will come out

You already decided to become a vegetarian. Just keep in mind that you are vegan. Even if you go to any restaurant don't ever think about meat.

Buy fake meat until you learn how to make yummy meals that don't need it anymore

It's up to you to talk to your dad about how you feel. You have to bring him resources showing how you're still healthy (the vegetarian resource group has some good info). You also have to assure him that you're not judging him, don't want to change him, and don't want extra work to be put on your parents - offer to cook your part of the meal that doesn't conform.

Do not purchase any meat and if you are at a resteraunt order something without any meat eventually you will be used to it and not mind the absence of meat in your diet

Source(s): Fkfbf

You really have to find a reason so strong that the thought of meat freaks you out. The smell of meat freaks me out, so it's easy for me.

Source(s): me

Watch Earthlings.

Source(s): Meat doesn't taste nice- when was the last time you had raw, uncooked, unspiced, unsauced meat, again? ~bites into apple~