Tick repellant/pesticides?

I started a garden this year but it appears that I'm not going to be able to maintain my garden until I get this tick situation under control. There are ticks everywhere. On my dogs on me on my plants in the dirt. It is a huge tick infestation. I've managed to find a bug repellant with oils that seem to do a little better with repelling the ticks but they end up in my hair and inside my clothes where the bug spray wasn't sprayed. My lawn is landscaped but my garden is in the back towards the woods although still next to the lawn. My neighbor has about 8 horses which I think may contribute to this. Can I buy a pesticide that will kill them all without harming my veggies? What kind works best for ticks? Should I spray just the perimeter of my garden? What about spray for me and my dogs? Any recommendations? I'm willing to try anything because Im so disgusted with this and freak out every time I go to my garden!

Favorite Answer

Food grade DE, Diatomaceous Earth will kill ticks. It kills insects that have exoskeletons. It is consider harmless to humans and pets.

Source(s): The food grade, not the pool kind. It can be found in Lowes and other stores.
  • ?

i assume having buddies there i will have faith and that i like. and probable people who sense that's in lots of circumstances their place to furnish an opinion, who constantly have something to assert approximately each thing.