promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsCameras · 7 years ago

To make a homemade music video, what kind of camera/lighting/editing/music recording equipment would I need?

Also, where could I purchase these things? Any other information on what I would need would be much appreciated as well. Thanks!

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Camera: Video Camera with 1080 pixels - Do Not Use phone due to the quality of video that will result

Lighting: You don't really need this as you want the video to be realistic. If you want to have your own studio - purchase professional lighting that is for television or theatrical needs

Editing: iMovie, Sony Vegas Pro, AVS Video Editor

Music Recording: GarageBand, CueLab, Finale

Have Fun!!!

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

Homemade Video Lighting

• Jim A
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

First consider locations. Your best bet is out doors or in some kind of studio like room with sound proofing for no echo.

Alright, have you recorded the song as a record or DVD? If not you'll need to do that. There's no way to get good audio with out first recording the song in a studio setting.

That done here's a look at the gear. First a camera that will do HD video and record audio. Tripod.

Lights? Well if you pick the right outdoor locations lighting probably won't be a problem.

You'll also need a portable DVD player so you can sing or mouth along with the music so that later when you go to edit you can loop that audio to your actions on camera. I say your camera needs to record audio - that's so that as you sing along you record that also and be able to properly loop.

Do you have a video editor? That's also a necessary. I use Video Pad by NCH software. It supports unlimited tracks of audio, in it's pro version, so you'll be able to hear what you did in the

"field" and be able to loop the DVD to that audio.

If you try to make such a video without the audio prerecorded you're going to end up with lots of echo and distorted audio - not good.

Good luck on your interesting project. It won't be cheap but it can be done. If you want it to both look and sound good when you're finished the prerecorded audio in a studio setting is essential.

• keerok
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Camera: Phone or a digital camcorder.

Lighting: Sun or a continuous/video lighting system.

Editing: Windows Movie Maker or something actually bought.

Music Recording Equipment: Phone or a digital audio recorder.

For everything you need, look at http://bhphotovideo.com .

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.