Is Davao city safe for a westerner?

I'm very seriously considering relocating to Davao city. I'm a white male. Is it safe for me there and which areas of the city are safe to live?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Best Answer

Yes it is. In fact, Davao City is one of the safest place in the Philippines for they have a very disciplined and strict local government

• 7 years ago

There are hundreds of western expats and other foreigners living in Davao, which is considered one of the safest cities in the Philippines.

I recommend you join one of the expat forums and communicate with other westerners living in Davao

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

As long as Duterte is the mayor of Davao, you will be safe whether you're a local or an expat.

• 7 years ago

Yes it's safe ,,,I have traveled all over in Davao City and Region and never had any problems and UI am a retired American.. Now living in Cagayan de Oro City.. By the way when did SMOKIN become BAN there Nicol ? Nobody ever told me about that and I smoke anyplace and anytime I wqant to smoke EXCEPT where posted NO SMOKING,,,,,

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

Yes it is :)

But to be safe you might want to ask locals which areas to avoid.

Oh and just so you know- smoking is banned.

But it is a BEAUTIFUL city.

• 7 years ago

i reckon if i were a westerner and i wanted to move to phillipines i would try to have other westerners as my neighbours

• 7 years ago

Bluemean...: I hate to be a "Naysayer" whenever everybody else says it is OK but check with the US Government about that on this link

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=us%20travel%20adv...

You do know that is a muslim area don't you?

I will expect & accept all Thumbs down & negative remarks for posting this but the facts are the facts.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.