Is Davao city safe for a westerner?

I'm very seriously considering relocating to Davao city. I'm a white male. Is it safe for me there and which areas of the city are safe to live?

Best Answer

Yes it is. In fact, Davao City is one of the safest place in the Philippines for they have a very disciplined and strict local government

There are hundreds of western expats and other foreigners living in Davao, which is considered one of the safest cities in the Philippines.

I recommend you join one of the expat forums and communicate with other westerners living in Davao

As long as Duterte is the mayor of Davao, you will be safe whether you're a local or an expat.

Yes it's safe ,,,I have traveled all over in Davao City and Region and never had any problems and UI am a retired American.. Now living in Cagayan de Oro City.. By the way when did SMOKIN become BAN there Nicol ? Nobody ever told me about that and I smoke anyplace and anytime I wqant to smoke EXCEPT where posted NO SMOKING,,,,,

Yes it is :)

But to be safe you might want to ask locals which areas to avoid.

Oh and just so you know- smoking is banned.

But it is a BEAUTIFUL city.

i reckon if i were a westerner and i wanted to move to phillipines i would try to have other westerners as my neighbours

Bluemean...: I hate to be a "Naysayer" whenever everybody else says it is OK but check with the US Government about that on this link

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=us%20travel%20adv...

You do know that is a muslim area don't you?

I will expect & accept all Thumbs down & negative remarks for posting this but the facts are the facts.