Is it really safe to store anything on the Data (D:) drive?

I've read a bunch of forum posts, but i'd like a direct answer, my D drive is empty, contains 0 files/folders. People have said it might store important backup data but, there isn't anything there, is it still there somehow? I really need an answer as my C drive is nearly full.

If you're wondering, here's my specs:

Operating System: Windows 8 (<-- sadly) Single Language 64-bit (6.2, Build 9200)

Language: English

System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.

System Model: K55VD

BIOS: K55VD.404

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz

Memory: 4096MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 3982MB RAM

Thanks for the feedback, it is a physical drive so it is safe.

Favorite Answer

It depends upon what your D: drive is.

If your D: drive is a regular volume for data storage, then sure. If the D: drive a system recovery partition, then no.

Well If I were you I would store it in an external drive. Then you are really sure it won't get lost.Then no matter what happens to your computer you have the information stored somewhere else.You could also store information in one of those little flash drives. They are cheap and small.

Good Luck.

Source(s): In the digital world hardly anything is 100% perfect. Always keep spares somewhere else. Just makes good sense.

It is really safe to store your data in d drive..

you can also save backup data in d drive along with any other type of data

Yes, it is safe to store data there. I personally store my games in the (D:) drive.