Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 7 years ago

Not losing weight or belly fat with PCOS on levothyroxine and Metformin - will Atkins work?

I'm a 23-year-old female who weighs somewhere around 149-152 lbs. In June 2011 my weight had gone up to 198 lbs. I managed to get down to 128 lbs by October 2012 through logging a lot of time at the gym and dieting by watching my caloric intake & sodium. However, I randomly ballooned up to 150 lbs from then to February 2013. I knew something was wrong so I had my thyroid levels checked, and it turns out my TSH levels were high and I had hypothyroidism. I started taking levothyroxine (25 mcg, and now I'm up to 50 mcg), which I've been on for a few months. The weight still was not coming off, so I started taking Metformin for PCOS and supposed insulin resistance, which I've been on for a month now. I think I lost a pound on it, initially, on a regular, calorie-restricted diet, but there wasn't much change.

I am so frustrated as to why I still have all this weight on me, especially my belly fat. I started Atkins a week ago, and I lost two pounds (of what I assume was water weight) in the first two days, but I'm scared that I'm just going to keep wasting time. I know it's only been a week but I'm terrified that either this diet won't work or I won't lose the belly fat or fat on my body.

Is there any advice from anyone who's been through a situation like this? I'm at my wit's end.

I should also add that I do cardio every day - elliptical, running, walking, and strength training every other day.

Best Answer

You seem to be doing optimumly what is required for your condition . I'd suggest you to include more fiber,fruits and green leafy vegetables in your diet . Any other diet is gonna take your metabolism to a spin considering you have PCOS the hormonal imbalance will definitely make things tough . I suggest you not to indulge in strength training which will encourage more androgen production which is not good for pcos . . Other than that you are trying your best which is advisable . . Just keep up your routine coz it takes time to see results with this condition

Source(s): My GF suffers from identical condition like you pcos and thyroid . . We know the frustation

1

Source(s): #1 Pill To Lose Fat : http://PureGarciniaGet.com/?aMUM
  • Debra

No exercise? LMAO! Atkins will just kill you. Yes I'm against it. You must eat healthy. Dot not cut any carbs or any of that junk. You can stop eating junk food but you can still have good fats and sugars. Drink water instead of juice, because it has zero calories and is good to keep your body functioning. You've got to be strict with diet and exercise. Gosh, walk for a n hour day a couple times a week. It's not that hard. You just have to eat enough to give you energy. Here's an example menu: Breakfast: Multigrain cereal with soy milk Snack: An apple Lunch: Salad sandwich on wholemeal bread (put chicken, cheese, tomato, carrots, etc on it). Snack: Yoghurt Dinner: Brown rice, stirfry vegetables and meat of your choice (is so quick and eay to make). Last snack: Something only around 100 calories. That's just an idea. I ate like that for 2 months + walking, lifting weights, jumping on trampoline and situps. I lost 20lbs. The meals are small portioned and you eat every 3-4hrs to stop binge eating and it's good for your blood sugar. Don't look for a quick an easy way. Do it the hard and long way and you will really see results.

Pcos Belly Fat

• James

Atkins should work fine for you, but I'd suggest you look into the paleo diet. It works a treat for PCOS.

See: http://primaltoad.com/pcos/

pick up a 5 or 10 pound weight at the gym and visualize that weight coming off holding the weight in your hands helps bring home just how heavy even 5 pounds of extra fat can be

Poor nutrition is probably the origin of many thyroid problems (including low thyroid), and rich nutrition is vital to reversing them, or at least to prevent further decline. Learn here https://tr.im/QpsMI

Healthy thyroid function depends on a range of nutrients, especially selenium, folic acid, and iodine. Since most people cannot optimize levels of these nutrients through diet alone, a medical–grade supplement is vital. Of course, supplements should be used to complement, not substitute, for a balanced diet.

Stress in all it’s forms is another key culprit of thyroid dysfunction. Most of us experience a high degree of the most damaging kind — unremitting stress. It is important for hypothyroid treatment to identify the stressors you face and learn techniques and activities that can help you reduce your stress.

Get Ovarian Cyst Miracle!

Consume low calorie food

Ask for the paper to be left right at the end of your driveway instead of because of your front door.