Not losing weight or belly fat with PCOS on levothyroxine and Metformin - will Atkins work?

I'm a 23-year-old female who weighs somewhere around 149-152 lbs. In June 2011 my weight had gone up to 198 lbs. I managed to get down to 128 lbs by October 2012 through logging a lot of time at the gym and dieting by watching my caloric intake & sodium. However, I randomly ballooned up to 150 lbs from then to... show more I'm a 23-year-old female who weighs somewhere around 149-152 lbs. In June 2011 my weight had gone up to 198 lbs. I managed to get down to 128 lbs by October 2012 through logging a lot of time at the gym and dieting by watching my caloric intake & sodium. However, I randomly ballooned up to 150 lbs from then to February 2013. I knew something was wrong so I had my thyroid levels checked, and it turns out my TSH levels were high and I had hypothyroidism. I started taking levothyroxine (25 mcg, and now I'm up to 50 mcg), which I've been on for a few months. The weight still was not coming off, so I started taking Metformin for PCOS and supposed insulin resistance, which I've been on for a month now. I think I lost a pound on it, initially, on a regular, calorie-restricted diet, but there wasn't much change.

I am so frustrated as to why I still have all this weight on me, especially my belly fat. I started Atkins a week ago, and I lost two pounds (of what I assume was water weight) in the first two days, but I'm scared that I'm just going to keep wasting time. I know it's only been a week but I'm terrified that either this diet won't work or I won't lose the belly fat or fat on my body.

Is there any advice from anyone who's been through a situation like this? I'm at my wit's end.
Update: I should also add that I do cardio every day - elliptical, running, walking, and strength training every other day.