promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

i am going into grade 12 this fall and i want to play football what position should i play?

I am 6'3 220 I am fairly slow I know the game of football inside out I didn't play earlier on because of swimming. But this year I want to play since i love watching. Also if there are any ways to help train this summer tell me how to please.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

You have very good size for the game. Based on your height and weight on the high school level, I think you would make out good at QB or TE offensively since you said you're not that fast. Defensively I would say linebacker or defensive end. You should aim for these positions because scouts would love to see someone with your size at those positions.

Source(s): Former football player.
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • daniel
    Lv 5
    7 years ago

Offensive Guard, maybe offensive tackle. Your height and weight are perfect for tight end or defensive end, but speed is a necessity in those positions. If you aren't fast then guard would be a good fit, especially in a primarily focused running team or a pocket throwing team.

Offensive line is all about being able to move people around without getting in too close to them. You need to be able to understand blocking schemes, use your hands well, and have good footwork. Use sled dummies to build power off the line. Do short sprint exercises, and by short I mean 10 yard bursts while changing directions. Square cone drills are perfect.

Go to the gym and start squatting and power cleaning a lot. Focus on big weight at small reps to build muscle and then switch off to high rep, low weight every other week or two to build fast twitch muscle. For upper body, focus on Chest and Triceps. Common mistake is to work your biceps a lot. You dont use your biceps in football. Its all about pushing people around, not pulling people in.

Run long distances a few times a week for endurance, eat well, start drinking protein shakes twice a day, and work out a lot. Stretching is key as well. Do it before and after a work out or practice.

Last thing, be mentally prepared to be hit hard and often. Remember that the person who is not going full speed is the one more likely to be hurt. Be the hammer, not the nail.

• Cu Tie
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

I highly encourage you to join your high school football team this upcoming season. It will still not (yet) be too late for you to start playing football.

Based on your height and weight, I believe that you will make a very good fit at defensive tackle. You have the ideal size for a high school senior defensive tackle.

My best advice for you is to work hard and perform very well in practice every day. In addition, what you need to do this summer is eat healthy, exercise by doing weight lifting, and either jogging or going for a long run every day. If you do these things, you will get faster, stronger, and into better shape, which will greatly improve your chances of being a successful, top notch defensive tackle in high school football this upcoming season, who could go on to play college football.

By the way, your chances of playing college football depend on your performance in football during your senior year of high school. If you perform very well in football during this upcoming season, you will greatly improve your chances of getting recruited to play for a college football program.

• 7 years ago

Somewhere on the defensive line. Maybe even center.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

I think you could play DE on defense and/or TE on offense.

• Maybe line

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.