Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 7 years ago

Off road tires on jeep wrangler, wierd humming noise when going above 35?

i just got my first car and whenever i accelerate above 35mph i hear a humming noise coming from the front tires, my parents say its because i have off road tires on the jeep but i think its something else. the noise doesnt stop if my foots off the gas as long as im going over 35 and the sound increases as i go faster.

• dowd

There was is an option on the wrangler for each tough and tender. If you are shopping used get which you select. I've had my 01 delicate high in under zero and it really works first-class. They have a best heater. The soft high is nosier however I wouldn’t even don't forget a tough prime. Do not purchase THE I-4!!!!!!!! Virtually each person who has one is disappointed with it. The I-6 is famous for its durability. The wrangler is famous for its toughness and it is vitally handy to work on. The one issues i have had are the outcomes of difficult abuse off-roading. Manual vs. Auto is option. Until later models the auto was once simplest a 3 velocity and ran high rpms at expressway speeds. I select a stick and a hand throttle. My jeep is built up quite a bit of and could be very avenue invaluable however, i've other cars that I force extra on the whole. I have a Grand for pulling my trailer and slightly Cobalt for a day-to-day driver. The wrangler is a enjoyable automobile and really in a position off road, mine simplest will get about 12 mpg, and there is little room for the loved ones rather then simply strolling round just about residence. So far as the 12 months i might advise 2001 and up. In 2000 the transformed to a more recent higher transmission, but it had a couple of bugs that weren't ironed out unless late 2000 and early 01 (popping out of first). In 01 they elevated the gentle prime making it quieter. A couple years later they got here out with the restrained than had an extended wheel base and a little more inside room (a very good thing in my opinion) there have been also some inside changes sometime after 02. Should you plan on getting lifting it placing on higher tires and off roading it get the Dana forty four rear end, it doesn't matter what any person TELLS YOU!!!!!! If you need it extra off road able in inventory kind the Rubicon is worth the additional money.

all terrain tires or off roading tires will make noise because of the dimension and tread design.

also, if your tires are cupped or feathered due to steering or suspension issues, then the noise can get worse.

Your parents are right man I've had 2 trucks with 33 super swampers and 37 bajas they hum because their not street tires

It is because you have off road tires,the only way you can get it to not do that is to have some regular street and highway tires on it. So start saving your money to get some,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,