My father wont let me buy products not from Procter and Gamble.?

My father has worked for Procter and Gamble for a really long time. If I want something and P&G makes it we HAVE to buy it from P&G. I am fine with this for the most part except for the make up part. I feel as though there are many companies that make better foundation, nail polish, mascara, ect. However whenever I... show more My father has worked for Procter and Gamble for a really long time. If I want something and P&G makes it we HAVE to buy it from P&G. I am fine with this for the most part except for the make up part. I feel as though there are many companies that make better foundation, nail polish, mascara, ect. However whenever I suggest trying out another brand he says, "Procter & Gamble pays for the food you eat". But I don't want to use only covergirl. I get his point but what is the difference if one person doesn't use on product? My friends with parents that work for P&G are allowed to use other companies' products. How do I get my dad to see my point of view?