My Samsung Galaxy S3 is discharging very quickly and charging slowly, please help?

I have tried USB and straight into the wall and both are very slow. I left it to charge all night while it was on power saving mode and only reached about 54% when it started at 15% in 8 hours. However, whenever I turn it off and charge it, it's only very slightly faster. I have un-installed a lot of apps I... show more I have tried USB and straight into the wall and both are very slow. I left it to charge all night while it was on power saving mode and only reached about 54% when it started at 15% in 8 hours. However, whenever I turn it off and charge it, it's only very slightly faster. I have un-installed a lot of apps I recently downloaded when the problem occurred and I have tried multiple cables, all of which charge well and fast for a few minutes then become extremely slow.

P.s if you could let me know if it's a software or hardware problem that would be great.
P.P.s Sorry for the long paragraph but I thought every detail is necessary, thanks in advance :)