Christians, are law and grace like two wings of an airplane ?

Some churches teach that we are saved by grace alone through faith alone, and that we can live any way we want, including deliberate sinning, after salvation. That is like trying to fly an airplane with only one wing.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Best Answer

I'd suggest that grace and truth are the two wings of the airplane.

When Jesus came it was said of Him, "For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ." (JN 1:17) The law never produced the righteousness in us humans it demanded. However, Jesus did and He told us the truth, including that apart from Him we can do nothing.

True grace doesn't lead to sin-filled lives, it leads to holiness. Those who teach that because we're under grace now it means anything goes, are terribly and horrifically mistaken and need to be challenged on it. Grace is God's Redemptive Action Completely Expressed. How can God's grace EVER lead to sin? If anything, it leads to holiness.

Source(s): LOB
  • 3 years ago

Grace is what comes when God selected a character. That happened earlier than the arena used to be shaped if I learn Ephesians 1:4-5 thoroughly. The inspiration is that this: God made a covenant where if people concept they would do it all on their possess, they would try. There may be your try at higher specifications. Underneath these requisites Christians improperly either fix themselves to it, or comprehend that they're a large bunch of incapable folks in terms of dwelling like that. What grace does, after it's completed by faith so far as it will go for now, is lift us, at the same time being sinners, to enable God to work anything he's going to do with us, in line with his will, something that occurs to be for any designated character. The bigger common is God's, and although we are incapable of supplying Him with our perfection, He presents grace and mercy alongside the way. So i would say the regulation of Grace is the better typical.

• Just so as you'll know, flying an airplane on one wing is not only possible, it's part of the training. Many a bomber was landed in WW2 on one wing and part of a tail, and no, often 'a prayer' wasn't part of the equation. Just a helluva lot of skill and a desperate desire to land, get another airplane and go kill some more Nazis.

• 7 years ago

Uh, what?

Reading this question makes me feel like the adult in this clip!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Moi
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

well we here don't follow that logic

James 2 explains it best

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.