Anonymous

Should I ring my boss' wife informing her that he came on to me?

I am currently a trainee lawyer at a law firm and have been working there for a few months. My boss has always acted a little flirty towards me but I assumed that that was just who he is.

However, yesterday, when I made my way into his office simply to pass on some documents, he got up out of his seat and was walking towards me until I was against the wall. He started professing his feelings towards me, and kissed me on the cheek. I desperately wanted to push him away, but (and I admit this with shame) feared that this action could result in the loss of my job.

I kindly told him that I was not interested in a relationship at the moment, and that what he was doing was very wrong since he is married with children.

I called in sick to work today.

While I do admit that my boss is an attractive man, I could never engage in a relationship with someone who is already in a relationship. I also never intend to have any sexual relations with a boss as I feel that it will always end up in disaster.

A while ago on our way to a meeting I had to ring his wife on my phone (his phone was out of charge). While I have not made any calls since to his wife, I am seriously considering ringing her and informing her of the incident.

I feel very guilty knowing that she is with a man who is willing to commit adultery. I know that if I was her in this situation I would be most grateful. However, I worked very hard to get into this firm and feel very reluctant to lose my place at the firm.

Please provide advice of what to do in such a sticky situation. Many thanks in advance.

• Damian
    Best Answer

I think you need to keep this on a strictly professional level and speak to the company's HR. There should be a policy in place for dealing with this type of harassment. If you ring his wife she may not believe you and you may end up looking foolish whereas if it is a reputable company they should investigate and, who knows, there may be previous complaints. Above all, make sure your boss is 100% clear that you find his behaviour unwelcome and unacceptable and you should keep a diary of any incidents to back up your complaint. Good luck

• HJW

NO, you need to wait and have proof and then take legal matter.

Don't call his wife, she probably does not know she is married to a dog ( document all events)

It was good to tell him it was not OK. Now wait and see if he continues. If he does then again tell him no. If then he does something then call the wife.

I would and I,m a male