Rome asked in Social SciencePsychology · 8 years ago

My boss said I need self-confidence and energy?

I suffer from social anxiety, so working is pretty hard for me. My boss knows I'm "shy" and said that all I need is some self-confidence. But I don't know how to do that? I really try to be outgoing like the rest of the people I work with, but I just can't. Any tips? I go back to work on Friday, so I really want to go in there like I'm a totally different person.

Favorite Answer

Dear Ray, I agree with your boss that self-confidence is a very important and essential attribute especially when it comes to work and career! But you don't have to rush and neither you nor your boss can expect you to be a totally different person over night! You need to understand what confidence is about before you can start to build it. I read a very informative and well written blog post on Your24hCoach a few days ago. I'll attach the link for you to check out! I really hope it will be helpful for you. Don't forget to stay strong and believe in yourself - no matter what :) xx

http://your24hcoach.com/blog/building-confidence-w...