Bethany asked in PetsDogs · 7 years ago

Are pomsky's real???

I was on google casually looking at puppies and i came across this one:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lw9iqfjFYY1qfv0zw.j...

And i found out it was a pomeranian husky mix? (Pomsky)

And people say that they dont exist. If so, what breed is it?

Thanks :)

Best Answer

'pomsky' is a scummy BYB 'designer' name, they aren't a breed, they are mutts.

That honestly just looks like a young/poorly bred husky pup, its definitely a puppy as the paws are bigger than those of an adult dog of that size.

No reputable breeder breeds mutts, only BYBs and puppy mills, especially that mix, no one in their right mind would breed those breeds together.

Source(s): My dogs
    • Actually so called purebred dogs of a great many of our domesticated breeds out there are not even 100 year old breed. The truth is there is no such thing as a purebred dog any more, all dogs were mixed many many times to create the breeds there are today. So genetically speaking the answer is NO.

They are a forced cross propagated by unethical "breeders" out to make a buck. The Siberian is a generally healthy breed with few genetic defects. The Pomeranian has many genetic defects, so by crossing, you are muddying up the robust genetics of the Siberian. There is no guarantee that they will stay small. It is not a breed so there is no standardization in their appearance or temperment. There is no such thing as a licensed or certified Pomsky breeder, unless they have a kennel license from their county, which has nothing to do with breed or ethics. They are not recognized by any kennel club. If you want a little fluffy dog, get a Pomeranian. If you want an active, healthy wolfy dog, get a Siberian. If you want a cross, go to the shelter and save a life. Don't put money into the pockets of greedy, unethical people.

Ok everywhere I look, people are discriminating pomskies and calling them scum and such. It's really makes my heart hurt. No dog anywhere is scum. Yes, the Pomsky is a legitimate dog breed mix between a husky and a Pomeranian. You do have to be careful about the breeder you choose though as some can be sketchy. I have a Pomsky puppy and he is the best dog I could have ever asked for. He is basically just a mini husky and is the most adorable, loving dog. Most dogs are. So, this goes to anyone who is saying crap about pomskies. Please don't discriminate the Pomsky breed just because you do not know anything about them.

Source(s): I have a almost 8 month old Pomsky
    • ?3 years agoReport

I breed and sell pomsky puppies and they are absolutely amazing dogs! You should check my website out! :) www.petpomsky.com ...we do dna testing and have all the information needed for those who want to make sure they are getting a legitimate pomsky puppy.

They're a mutt and you never know how they turn out, but that is not how they do. They do not look like tiny husky puppies when they grow up, that is only a picture of a husky puppy (or a similar breed like finnish lapphund).

Yes they do exist, but they do not look like that and you shouldn't try to buy one either because the only people who will sell those are irresponsible backyard breeders looking for cash.

It's a "designer dog" which is a fancy way of saying it's an over-priced mutt. I believe they have to force breed the dogs as the size difference is too great for them to breed naturally, as I believe someone else already said.

This is a Mixed breed of dog, like you would normally find at the shelter. It just has a fancy Designer Dog name to attract customers, such as yourself, into spending an inordinate ammount of money on a poorly bred animal. Sadly, in your case it worked to get the interest, but hopefully you wont be as foolish as others who actually buy into this malarky. No reputable breeder will purposely breed mutts like this. Technically, the Pomsky does NOT exist. A Pom Husky Mix does.

If you want to start off creating a work from landscaping, or just don’t know how to begin making your dream landscape or what equipment and materials to use then is the tie for this manual https://tr.im/PhXRb , the manual Ideas 4 Landscaping since the suggestions from an skilled person is constantly welcome.

Idea 4 Landscaping is a guide with, even if you have no encounter what so ever, you can adjust a backyard, a frontward or a backyard from zero to excellent, perfect simply because is just like you want it.

Ideas 4Llandscaping it will only put the tips so that you can make your dream come to daily life.

Are Pomskies Real

• Covah

They are 50% Pomeranian & 50% Siberian Husky.... NOT their own separate breed, they're a mutt.

So many posts on this cross... please stop supporting greedy breeders. Plenty of Husky crosses dying hourly in shelters everywhere. You support, they continue to supply.

Source(s): A Brit/Romanian breeder & owner of French Bulls.

I have one and he is cute as **** and smarter than every other dog in both puppy classes we have been to. Yes he is a mutt, but the husky provides a longer snout so less dental issues than a pomeranian and less knee problems. And my friend is the breeder who is very reputable and registered. Maybe you should know what you are talking about before you say stuff.