Does the sun spin around the earth?

I know "science" says that the earth spins around the earth, but i don't fell it spin and i can see the sun go around us. please help me!

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Mike
    Lv 7
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Meh. We've seen better trolls. And this one is not *quite* as stale, tired and unoriginal as the ''walking on the sun at night'' troll - - but its not for lack of trying.

Still a dreary, tired troll. 2 troll points for you.

Don't spend them all in one place!

• 7 years ago

The sun (Sol) and the Earth are a part of the Solar System. The Solar System is part of the Milky Way Galaxy. The Solar System orbits the centre of the galaxy so therefore Sol does one orbit or spin around the Earth every 250 Million year approx.

• 7 years ago

If you study gravity you will discover than any two or more bodies with mass orbit each other around a common centre of gravity. If you had two bodies of equal mass, the centre of spin would lie midway between them.

This applies to the Sun and Earth so in essence the answer to your question is yes but the the common centre of gravity actually lies well within the internal structure of the Sun so we are not aware of it. Same applies to all the other planets as well.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

@ Fred - Sol is not the official name for our Sun. It has been referred to as Sol, Helios, and so on. Sun is the name for our Sun. As Moon is the name for our Moon (though often mistaken as Luna for an official name)

@ OP - We orbit the Sun. Earth does have enough gravitational pull to make the sun orbit it. We have only one moon because the Earth has only pulled that one moon into orbit. You don't feel like we're travelling fast because of the size of the universe in comparison.

As for seeing the sun go around us, you don't. We go around the sun. This is evident with changing seasons and sunrise/sunset.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

You can't feel it spin because we are moving with the Earth. You could actually say we're a part of it.

You don't actually feel yourself moving forward when you're inside a car.

• 7 years ago

No, the moon spins around the sun which spins around Neptune which spins around the earth...and then the sun...and the milky way..

Source(s): are you kidding me!
  • 7 years ago

you sound like you just come in a time machine from 1850

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.