Is it O.K./safe to plug a 110v surge protector into a 220v-110v step-down converter in South Korea?

I'm an american currently residing in south korea. I have a 220v-to-110v step-down converter to use some american-bought electrical appliances, but it only has two power outlets. I need more 110v outlets to use my computer and peripherals and would like to know if it is safe to plug a surge protector(with 8... show more I'm an american currently residing in south korea. I have a 220v-to-110v step-down converter to use some american-bought electrical appliances, but it only has two power outlets. I need more 110v outlets to use my computer and peripherals and would like to know if it is safe to plug a surge protector(with 8 outlets) into that converter. In terms of wattage, the step-down converter has a 3000watt capacity, which is more than enough for my computer and peripherals.

P.S. i tried researching this in google before asking here, but got a bunch of mixed answers that confused the hell out of me
Update: I wish i did have a 110v power strip, but unfortunately i didn't bring any from the states. All I have is this here surge protector, and I doubt they sell any 110v power strips in the korean market. Don: i only know that my converter is a 220v-to-110v step-down converter with a capacity of 3000watts. I... show more I wish i did have a 110v power strip, but unfortunately i didn't bring any from the states. All I have is this here surge protector, and I doubt they sell any 110v power strips in the korean market.

Don: i only know that my converter is a 220v-to-110v step-down converter with a capacity of 3000watts. I got it from a korean store and looks something like this:
http://item2.gmarket.co.kr/Item/detailview/Item.aspx?goodscode=235271377&search_keyword=
..if that helps any...
Update 2: I wish i did have a 110v power strip, but unfortunately i didn't bring any from the states. All I have is this here surge protector, and I doubt they sell any 110v power strips in the korean market. Don: i only know that my converter is a 220v-to-110v step-down converter with a capacity of 3000watts. I... show more I wish i did have a 110v power strip, but unfortunately i didn't bring any from the states. All I have is this here surge protector, and I doubt they sell any 110v power strips in the korean market.

..if that helps any...