What is the neck band soldiers wear?

So I was watching the first transformers today. And in the begining where the sgt guy ( the main military guy for the film) is wearing a neck scarf thing? I really don't know waht it's called. But it looked interesting and was wondering what it is called. It had a pattern to it, kind of a greenish-brown mix thing on the sgt.'s neck. I've seen a number of people wear them including family in Afghanistan, but never had the intuition to ask about it till now.

So just wondering what the name of the clothing item is called and it's purpose?

• Wraeth
    Favorite Answer

That is an Islamic Shemagh. They are not authorized to be worn although many over look it

Source(s): US Army Scout

sean - it is a super theory! make certain the chain is extremely reliable and not flashy. it is advisable to do the classic nickle textile for the medal/scapular - they are extra reliable than gold or silver.

The movie section is that way kid ------------------------------->