Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 8 years ago

Good Sci-Fi/Fantasy/High fantasy books for intermediate english reader?

Hi. I'm studying English and I like to read a lot. Then I want some recommendation of sci-fi/Fantasy book for the intermediate English reader. Just to have an idea of my English level, I can read articles, like Wikipedia and blogs about different subjects, and news on the internet. I need a kind of simple English book. I don't need a book with very simple English, but a book with not too complex English! Sorry for the mistakes. If I made some mistake here, please correct me, it is very important to me.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

One of my favorite fantasy books, not really "sci fi" though... would def be The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings Trilogy. Tolkien is amazing in his descriptions of landscapes and such. Wonderful book to get lost in! * it is a little old, and i hope it is not too complex. If it proves too tricky, Harry Potter is a wonderful series! and it is simple but not too much. Very fun to read also! Good luck with your English!

• 8 years ago

Gardens and the Warrior of Heaven

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.