I ordered a new dish remote for a standard receiver. I followed the steps but the remote also controls the DVR?

Also controls the DVR TV2 remote I need help on how to get it to only control 1 tv

Favorite Answer

Hello Eric, here is a link from mydish.com that will help you with this. Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

http://www.mydish.com/support/program-non-922-to-r...

Thank You

Mark Haakenson

Social Media Representative

DISH LLC

mark.haakenson@dish.com

3 pm – 11 pm Sunday through Thursday

• Judith

Their are several things that could cause this. The first and easiest thing to try is make sure you are close enough to the receiver. Try this, turn on your second TV and go to where the receiver is using the remote for TV 2 and try to change channels on TV 2 from there. If this works it means you are not getting a signal from the remote to the receiver. You are either too far away or something is blocking the small antennae on the receiver. If the receiver is in an entertainment center you may have to move it to get a better signal from the remote. Another thing to check is if the remote for TV2 is on the right frequency, You can find how to do this in your owners manual. If this does not resolve it then you may have to call dish, It is hard to diagnose if I dont have access to the equipment. GOOD LUCK