How to tell if ankle is sprained or broken?!?

Hey I sprained my ankle yesterday at the playground I'm 13. I was going up a slide and I slid off and I trapped my ankle under my knee and my calf and I heard a pop so I got all dramatic and thought I broke it. We called the ambulance to examine. The guy said it was a sprain but now today I stayed home from... show more Hey I sprained my ankle yesterday at the playground I'm 13. I was going up a slide and I slid off and I trapped my ankle under my knee and my calf and I heard a pop so I got all dramatic and thought I broke it. We called the ambulance to examine. The guy said it was a sprain but now today I stayed home from school. My mom out it in warm water with salt and also got this "FUTURO" bandage. She expects me to walk by tomorrow cuz I can't miss school. I can wiggle my toes and kind of turn the ankle from left to right but bringing the foot upward with my ankle is really hard. I've been hopping on my left foot All day. My mom is making me "exercise" as in making myself walk normally again. I can place my foot down and stand up straight with all my weight on the left leg. But I can't straighten out my right foot because of my ankle. If I try to walk or out weight on it; there's a REALLY sharp pain. There is no bruises or anything. Answer fast ASAP pleAse
Update: Also tell me when it should be healed and if I should be doing these walking procedures or just wait until it heals and go to school with a crutch?
1 answer 1