Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareDesktops · 7 years ago

is this a good gaming rig and is there any better parts you would suggest that can also stay in my budget?

Budget is no more than $750

Processor-AMD FX-6300 FX-Series Six-core

Motherboard-GIGABYTE GA-970A-D3 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD

Memory-Corsair Vengeance 8 GB ( 2 x 4 GB ) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800) 240-Pin DDR3 Memory Kit

Graphics Card-EVGA GeForce GTX650Ti Boost 2GB GDDR5 192bit, Dual-Link DVI-I, DVI-D, HDMI,DP, SLI Ready Graphics Card

Cooling-Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 500w Power Supply

disk drive-Lite-On Super AllWrite 24X SATA DVD+/-RW Dual Layer Drive - Bulk

HDD-Western Digital Caviar Blue 500 GB SATA III 7200 RPM 16 MB Cache Bulk/OEM Desktop Hard Drive

Wireless-ASUS(PCE-N15) maximum performance Wireless-N Network Adapter ( 300Mbps Transmit / 300Mbps Receive) with PCI-E interface, Include Full Height and Low Profile bracket, WPS button Support

Case-CM Storm Enforcer - Gaming Mid Tower Computer Case with USB 3.0 and Windowed Side Panel

Fan-Cooler Master MegaFlow 200mm Red LED Computer Case Fan

This is what my friend found for me and i want to make sure it is the best thing i can get for my money.

Favorite Answer

With your budget of $750 you can change quite a lot around.

CPU : FX8350 (This $200 processor is an amazing one, and will get you the most for what you're paying for. It's incredibly powerful, and will last quite a while when talking about future proofing a computer.

Motherboard: ASRock 990FX Extreme3 (A very nice $120 motherboard. This baby is very durable and good looking, and full of nice features. It has 3 PCI-e 2.0 x16 slots to get the most out of multiple video cards.)

Case: COUGAR Challenger Black Steel (For $75.99, this is a really nice and spacious case. Extremely durable and good looking, this case has 2 x 3.0USB ports, 3 external 5.25'' drive bays, and a ton of room to house your graphics cards. This case also has quite a lot of features for cooling your CPU.)

Wireless Adapter: Intel Centrino Advanced-N 2200 for Desktop (This guy has an external antenna that greatly increases your internet speeds since it's not blocked by your case if it's against a wall. This has 2 antennas like your previous wireless adapter, but will minimize any interference being caused by your computer.)

Also, remove that computer case fan, and up that storage to 1TB for only 94.99, or add another terabyte for 2TB for 99.99. If you want to (later), invest in an SSD. These guys will boost your startup time to < 20s and make opening your most used applications extremely fast. Take that optical drive out. You could save that cash and wait, since Blu Ray drivers will give you increased performance. If there's a sale going on, make sure to pick one up. Later, you should upgrade your power supply to a newer, modular design to increase the airflow. I also added these items up on Newegg.com, and they gave me a total of $759.92. I think you can go over $20.00, these changes will make your computer a much better machine worth your money.

I hope I helped!

Source(s): Newegg.com for price and personal experience

It's first-class. You got beautiful just right bang for the buck. You should effortlessly be ready to max out your entire games in 1080p on that screen with those cards. You made a high-quality decision going with a 2500k over a 2600k when you consider that the HT does not make a change with gaming. I went with the 2600k and a gtx 570 and my pal had the equal configuration but with a 2500k and he most effective received 2 much less fps than I did. In case you overclock the 2500k it can be simply as good as a 2600k but with out hyperthreading. Good choice, on motherboard. The only factor i'd suggest is get a better case. Building a computer is convenient with the web tutorials and guidelines. I constructed my first rig no challenge and my 2d no concern. Most effective ship it to a computer retailer to build in the event you do not intellect spending money and need a piece of intellect. Overclocking is worth it and it involves tweaking your bios to overclock your 2500k. The only change between the 2500 and 2500k is the 2500k can without problems be overclocked. Your motherboard should have an auto overclock to about 4.4GHz. Pleasant rig.

your friend doesnt know how to build a pc that will last 50 seconds with that psu thats a horrible rig

for 750 its a joke

edit

zalman z9 case has 5 fans 3 pre installed and will be all you need for last i checked you dont need wifi infact i would stick with a cat cable its more reliable for gaming as the signal wont drop personal experiance

plus i bet he has maxxed out your budget at 750 and hasnt even left money out incase of tax etc

he also has wimped out on the psu and has basicly turned your build into a dogs dinner

heres my build includes a intel i5 which is more energy saving and you can have a actual upgrade path once you have a fx 6300 thats pretty much all you can do as the rest arent energy efficient enough

my recomended build

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/X4HC

Source(s): i have built my own pc and i started with amd first regretted it due to my fraps were getting slaughtered and were unstable in skyrim i changed to the lowest of the i5 series and a new motherboard and my fraps went up