*Tink*
*Tink* asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 7 years ago

Is looking at another person & saying "I wish I looked like that" something only females do?

or do males do that as well? and explain your answer if you can.

*I do not mean all women say that.

@My Evil Twin hi :)

thanks for the answers guys

Favorite Answer

Men do it, of course, but we don't obsess over it nearly as much.

I doubt any man has ever looked at David Boreanaz without thinking, "Huh, woulda been nice to have won that genetic lottery."

But instead of buying a thousand magazines giving us fake tips on how to look more like him, we just sort of go on with our day.

No women aren't the only ones that do that. I often find my self admiring someone else and feeling very envious of them. It may be low self esteem but I cant be sure. But everyone feels it sooner or later. Unless your one of those super perfect preppy types, or if you are happy with yourself. But not many people are happy with the way they look. With people being made prettier and prettier how can an average male feel comfortable in his own skin. I feel like I have to live up to all the perfect people. But I cant and I will just have to get use to that. I will be happy being me.

Actually ...... No. I'm pretty sure fat men look at men with Trey Songz bodies and say " man that guy is thin and muscular I wish I was like that"

I don't think so, I know a lot of men who work out and go to the gym, and they do it because they have an ideal body in their minds that they want to attain, and in order to do that, they had to see another man with that body type.

actually I often times wish I looked more like a visual kei star, i even grew my hair long for that reason, and im a guy :p

Source(s): Chicks luv visual kei stars...who wouldnt wanna look attractive

No, it's both genders. But men don't obsess over it out loud, because, well, they'll get called gay by the other boys.

No, I've heard men say that about Matthew McConaughy.

while I will not say it "never" happens, it tends toward a single solitary thought in between looking at females and thinking, "I wished she was mine"... or "man, what a cute little green miniskirt and while I rarely like 'pixie cuts' that female might have invented them it looks so good on her."

obsessing over other men is NEVER MANLY.

hi tink.

No. Any person that's insecure about their body says that, not only females.

i think a guy may say that but i don't think a 6 feet guy would say i want to be like Tom cruise who is 5"7