If God doesn't want coerced goodness, why fight for laws against abortion and marriage equality?

When I ask why it's bad for the government to use taxes to help the poor, I'm told that forced giving, like paying taxes, is not what God wants. So if forced goodness is not God's will, why legislate against abortion abortion and marriage equality

Favorite Answer

If God doesn't want coerced goodness, why threaten us with Hell?

• Jackie

The nation, just as good as the people are in them, will hold to princibles they hold dear and hold high, whats right to these peoples. When as a nation, we hold up before God, and before other nations this, Our Choice!!! We make a statement! We send a message. We can only speak for ourselves, sometimes others agree, others Strongly oppose. So God watches this, interested. If we do what pleases the Creator, we get blessed. If we send out the wrong message and a bad influence? Are We the Top of the Food chain, to decide whats Best for all? Nope, it comes from a higher authority. To advance, we must choose correctly!!!! "Not my will, but they will be done, in heaven & the earth.

Source(s): Bible study

That's because the United States of America is a rotten and evil country. Those who claim to be striving to make this a better place for Christians are simply listening to their emotions. The country has always been controlled by people who think they know best what other people deserve, and those people are NOT Christians.

Quite frankly, I think that evil should reign in the United States of America. It is not because I wish evil on anyone. I don't. But, the fact that evil would openly reign in the United States of America would be the most honest thing this government has ever done. Hopefully, the Lord will have taken us to heaven at that point.

• Fuzzy

The NT contains edicts, laws, that Christians must abide by. God is the ultimate lawgiver, just look around in nature. However, he is not like this world that makes arbitrary laws; his are made to make things work. And, if you disobey, you'll end up dying from it if you do not try your best not to disobey.

I do not know where you got your dribble. The promise is: reap what you sow, cause and effect. What you put out comes back in spades.

@edit

I should add that serving God always has turned around being obedient to his laws. It is a matter of disobey and die, obey and live. Even with Christ this remains the same, except that we get forgiveness of our sins when we cannot help this. A life in total neglect of obedience damns.

• Alexis

I think you've got both of those backwards. <grin>

Fighting to *protect* women's reproductive rights and the equal rights of same-sex couples would be tantamount to "forced goodness". So, perhaps the proper question is, why do many Christians intentionally work towards the goal of forced *badness*?

Publius - "Let's see, why should I oppose the wholesale slaughter of unwanted children? Let me think."

"Wholesale slaughter of unwanted children?"

Puh-*leeze*. Your priorities are *way* out of whack... read the following article; it should readjust them for you:

"Abortion": https://sites.google.com/site/alexisbrookex/aborti...

"Why should I oppose symptoms of societal collapse? Let me think."

And "symptoms of societal collapse"?

Puh-*leeze*. Bigots said the *exact* same thing fifty years ago when interracial marriage was legalized. And when segregation and Jim Crow laws were outlawed. And when women were granted their right to vote. And when slavery ended.

"Societal collapse"... <rolls her eyes *noisily*>

You noticed that too? The devil provokes those fights, both sides. Then he inspires people to blame them on God. Most people will fall for that every time because they don't read the bible to learn what they claim to believe.

Let's see, why should I oppose the wholesale slaughter of unwanted children? Let me think.

Why should I oppose symptoms of societal collapse? Let me think.

Take a long, hard look at yourself and your preferences, amigo.

Jesus said to pay your taxes..i don't know what bible you read, if any.