do christians think the bible fell from the sky?

do you know how the bible was put together

nowhere does God say anywhere IN the bible that the bible is the word of god

God never instructed anyone to build a bible.

where in the bible is anything resembling the bible mentioned.

nobody knows who wrote the books in the bible(they aren't even signed)

people actually fought over which books to put together as a collection.

the collection that won is now called the bible,and it has been edited ever since

it is the word of men

21 Answers

Relevance
  • Jim J.
    Lv 4
    7 years ago
    Best Answer

Its men made book written by men for another men. And now its spreading around the globe among men. And some men really bought everything the men made book said.

Your details explain it logically.

Source(s): logic
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

1) do christians think the bible fell from the sky?

Not any Christian that I have ever met.

2) do you know how the bible was put together

The question is imprecise to the point of being impossible to answer...but **if** I understand your intent correctly, the answer is, "Yes, in general, but not in great detail."

3) nowhere does God say anywhere IN the bible that the bible is the word of god

That is correct.

4) God never instructed anyone to build a bible.

That is an assumption on your part. How do you know that is true? How do you know that the first group of people who produced a Bible were not led or motivated by a man who was told by God to do that thing? You don't.

5) where in the bible is anything resembling the bible mentioned.

In fact, there are some things **resembling** the Bible that are mentioned in the Bible. You should not have included this question! The most obvious is this:

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2ti%20...

but in fact there are probably a dozen other passages that could be interpreted as referring to the Bible (and often those passages *are* understood as referring to the Bible).

6) nobody knows who wrote the books in the bible(they aren't even signed)

Some of them are signed - which shows that you have not read the Bible. Why condemn that which you do not know?

7) people actually fought over which books to put together as a collection.

Fought? Really? When? Where? It seems your knowledge of the Bible is less complete (and more the product of invention) than I thought at first!

8) the collection that won is now called the bible,and it has been edited ever since

That is certainly not an accurate claim.

9) it is the word of men

Of course it is. Almost all Christians recognize that the authors of the Biblical documents were men. After all: the Bible **clearly teaches so**.

You might find this educational:

http://bible-reviews.com/charts_timeline_wbc.html

- Jim

• I have one word for you,"Wrong".

There is so much proof about it's self

The prophecies from one Testament to another.

The length of time it to write and put the books together, and the fact its over 40 men who wrote it, and yet it's a very cohesive book about Gods loving plan for His people.

If you were to sit down and read the bible you can see jesus in the bible from the very beginning, and how each book either tells about Him and His character, or is an example of His plans. And the Nw test. The plans come to be realize through the person of Jesus.

Even if you were never to pick up the bible and go by what you hear and see around you Gods signature is everywhere, it's call the Holy Spirit(Breath of Life) without it, we would all be an object that can't move. But with the breath of God, it's amazing what wad can do.

• 7 years ago

I was going to show you numerous scripture referenced but you've already been owned on that count. The book of John does begin, "in the beginning was the word, and the word was with God and the word was God". So clearly, you lied and have never read the Bible. The canon of the Bible is as God intended. You can argue all you want but it's difficult to argue a belief. Even I recognize that. Nobody for "forgot" anything, most of us are aware of the council of Nycene and the origins of the Bible. Many books of the Bible have confirmed authorship. Do your homework before you demonstrate your ignorance on the subject.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

Once you become a true Christ surrendered to Christ and having received the Holy Spirit for guidance and instruction you soon realize that the books of the bible are, on the face of it, tools for learning about life, faith and disobedience!

But it has another function - God is able to give you personal messages as you read the Bible. God has put things in my mind as I read his word that are not actually written there but come into to my mind As A RESULT of prayerfully reading it.

I believe the books were put together by devoted Godly men who were led and inspired by God. More books of the Bible have been printed and sold than any other book and translated in to numerous languages. All this activity is Divinely inspired also.

Spiritual scholars today, as they intensely study the Bible find that it is a supernaturally balanced book and one scripture will explain or elaborate on another in a different place - then the so-called inconsistencies evaporate. There are one or two copy errors but not to seriously detract from the whole.

It's most serious function is to lead those with a humble open mind - to God, who is not far from any one of us! It makes a promise that God will be found by those who sincerely and determinedly search for him - this was true for me. Jesus Christ is the way to God for he cleans us up from our sin to make a relationship with a Holy God possible..

• 7 years ago

Your first statement only has a measure of truth. The "Word of God" is one of the Holy Trinity, the only-begotten Son of God, incarnate for us and our salvation as the divine man Jesus Christ.

However, God Himself wrote the Decalogue -- the "10 words" of instruction -- the 10 Commandments.

God definitely told Moses to create a book for the remembrance of events; this is the basis for the creation of the Hebrew scriptures: "And the LORD said unto Moses, Write this [for] a memorial in a book, and rehearse [it] in the ears of Joshua..." (Exodus 17:14) . This is *before* God gave the 10 commandments, BTW.

Moses is recorded in Exodus 24:7 as reading from the "book of the covenant". Hebrew ספר cepher - book, scroll; Greek Septuagint: τὸ βιβλίον -- to biblion -- the book.

The books of history in the Old Testament make clear reference to the Law of Moses, the Pentateuch, the first five books of the Hebrew scriptures, which various kings requested to be read to them -- another reference in the Hebrew scriptures to earlier Hebrew scriptures.

The New Testament writings are recognized by modern scholars as having been written much earlier than 19th century skeptics claimed -- and likely by those that the early Church knew as their authors. Paul signed some of his letters. Sometimes, instead of signing the end, he signs the beginning, as did James and Peter. The early church vetted these well.

The early church did not fight over what books should be in the Church's scriptures. They adopted in whole the Hebrew scriptures (being an outgrowth of Judaism, it simply kept the scriptures it knew). As its own members, the apostles and their followers, wrote, these were circulated among the churches, and retained. Those that were written by others were held in a separate category, as were those purporting (there were scoundrels even then) to be by the apostles but had unknown origin. The books that were ultimately retained were those that all the churches agreed on. The Orthodox Church to this day has not had a ruling in a council defining the NT as its component 27 books. They just simply *are the New Testament.

Only much later did some break-offs of break-offs (the Puritans) insist that some books of the Old Testament be rejected, to agree with modern Jewish usage. The Jews themselves had only identified exactly what their scriptures consisted of in the 2-3rd century AD, long after Christianity was using what it received; they rejected books that they perceived the Christians were using to bolster Christian doctrine -- and the Puritans agreed with them! Such hubris. The ancient churches (Catholic/Orthodox) have not had such a fight; we didn't need one.

The Bible cannot be "edited". It is what it is. Translations come and go, and the meanings of words are debated, but the underlying writings are well-known, even where there are doctrinally trivial differences in the various manuscript families.

It is the record of the Word of God, the word of the Holy Spirit to those with faith in God, recorded by men as a guide to our salvation.

Christ is Risen!

/Orthodox

Source(s): www.blueletterbible.org
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

"do you know how the bible was put together"

Better than you probably. Especially if you are about to come out with the usual tosh about the Council of Nicea.

"nowhere does God say anywhere IN the bible that the bible is the word of god"

Quote: " All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:" (2 Timothy 3.16)

"where in the bible is anything resembling the bible mentioned."

Every time the phrase "it is written," or the word "scriptures" crops up.

"the collection that won is now called the bible,and it has been edited ever since"

No it hasn't, and there is more than enough documentary evidence to prove that it hasn't.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

You clearly don't know anything about Christianity so why speak against it? If you were truly an atheist or even a man you would simply go about your business and let people worship peacefully but of course that's just too complicated for you and these morons on yahoo answers, I didn't believe my friends when they told me this place was worse than the YouTube comments section...I can see that I was horribly wrong.

Source(s): I feel sorry for you
  • 7 years ago

I believe true Biblical prophets would have seen Jesus Christ and been able to testify of His life mission--so the words would have been inspired. I think they could have left out "Song of Solomon" entirely, however, because that sounds more like the words of men. From a Mormon point of view, we believe the Bible is inspired as far as it has been translated correctly but not the only book in the world that contains prophets' writings. Why limit authors to one book, after all?

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Nope. God has spoken and the faithful have fought against sin and temptation to present an accurate account of His word. These claims you are making have no merit. The God of the Jews is the same God we know and love. The first Jews would have necessarily been Christians in order to show the Gentiles the way. Jesus threw in His own take on things, too. He is God, after all. Why shouldn't He?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.