A question about Mary becoming pregnant with Jesus?

No disrespect intended to religious people or their beliefs. I heard Mary was a child when God impregnated her. Is this true? Also, did she have a choice, or was it a forced pregnancy? I know it was 'immaculate conception.' But if it was forced... sounds a bit off to me. I know there wasn't such a thing... show more No disrespect intended to religious people or their beliefs. I heard Mary was a child when God impregnated her. Is this true? Also, did she have a choice, or was it a forced pregnancy? I know it was 'immaculate conception.' But if it was forced... sounds a bit off to me. I know there wasn't such a thing a childhood back then. But if Mary was 13 or 14 she wasn't even properly developed.
Update: I never stated anything as fact. I don't have a bible and don't plan on reading one, at least not in the near future. Whoever that was who randomly had a go at catholics, don't be so hate-full. I'm an atheist for your information and only heard this about mary and was curious. I haven't... show more I never stated anything as fact. I don't have a bible and don't plan on reading one, at least not in the near future. Whoever that was who randomly had a go at catholics, don't be so hate-full. I'm an atheist for your information and only heard this about mary and was curious. I haven't don't have a problem with what other people believe or what comforts them, people need to calm down a bit :-P