Atheists, Christians, and other religious people, do you agree with the following?

1) We know for fact there is no proof a god exists or does not exist.

2) We know for fact the bible was written by man not by any god.

3) We know for fact we have no proof we have a spirit or there is a spiritual world.

4) We know for fact there is no proof with science or the bible about how life began.

5) We know for fact there is no proof there is an afterlife or heaven and hell

6) We know for fact that faith is a belief about something or someone.

7) We know for fact nobody we know personally had died, come back and told us about a god.

8) We know for fact faith is a belief which does not guarantee what we have faith in will happen.

9) We know for fact that a perfect all knowing god would not need or want to be worshiped.

10) We know for fact saying you know for fact god exists is not provable even by yourself

Your thoughts

Thanks

Favorite Answer

about that proof you're seeking:

there is plenty of physical archeological proof of god. there are historical papers outside the bible with the name of jesus christ (in the old langauges of course) & his whole family including the half-blood brothers & sisters (proving catholics wrong about this stupid ever-virgin nonsense. in fact it blows them outta the water on this topic! dont worry i come from a catholic church..im allowed to diss)

the bible says: when jesus died there was a huge quake & a crack appeared under his cross going into the ground. when his side was pierced, he bled out blood & water & it went into the crack.

this crack has recently been found...i'll get back to this.

the 'ark of the covenant' (throne of god) went missing thousands of years ago. it has been recently found. guess where? uh huh under calvary. it has human male blood on its seat. DIRECTLY UNDER that crack! DNA extracted shows properties a child would get from his mother....NONE however from a human father. there is "some other type of DNA" instead...not found in any species on earth...hmmm

the bible says: king nimrod built the first skyscraper, tower of babel.

an imprint of an ancient tower has been found...believed to be babel.

the bible says: sodom & 4 other cities were destroyed by fire & brimstone. lots wife was turned to a salt pillar

at one end of the dead sea....there has recently been found ruins of a few cities. the rocks around them are not found anywhere else, can burn hot...sulphrous like & just lying around. outside the cities area....a tall pillar of salt is standing...very very old.

the bible says: noah's ark. when it came onto land after the flood it was in the lower mountains of ararat. NOT the actual mountain. the foothils. bring some of every TYPE...not every species. so parent species from which others developed through crosbreeds. like the wolf. all dogs come from the wolf. so he probably took on a couple of different kinds of wolf. get it? also, of course he had no need to bring water animals on board.

there is a large birds eye shape seen from space on a lower hill next to that mountain. archaologists who went in there has found immense ribbing of a ship thats split apart & sunk in a bit over time. there are also 12 large anchor stones. one of them has 8 anceint foreing signatures on it....hmm....more on this in a moment. goverment confirmed: http://users.netconnect.com.au/~leedas/noaha.html

the bible says: behemoth(land)/leviathan(water)/dragon ( air! NOT to be confused with the devil's symbol) & obviously birds. created days 5 & 6...adam/eve day 6.

the word dinosaur is not in the bible simply cuz its a new word...first said in the 1800's. fossils are always found around water/where water used to be. dino bones are near the surface in heaps. whole mammoths with food still in their mouths have been found frozen. if this had been billions of years ago..shouldnt all this be buried deep..even turned to dust unable to be found? also in texas... a series of footprints in the same layers have been found...man AND dino together. recently a legbone of a dinosaur had been found that was so large it had to be split...soft tissue...SOFT? DA FUQ? was found inside....it was dated 4400 years ago....noah's ark was around then. scientists have been recently saying that a global flood in the past is theoraticly possible "points at a very guilty suspect...BLAME NOAH FOR THIS! DELIEVER HIM TO PHAR....oh wait...this isnt charlton heston/yul brenner...sorry" oh that reminds me....

the bible says: the stone tablets of the 10 commandments have been put inside the ark of the covenant...they are stil lthere along with a few other things....under calvary hill (or whatever its called now)

the bible says: the israelites crossed through the sea on dry land & then the sea covered pharoah & his horses (i guess yul brenner was too sexy for his chariot here...hmm)

pharoahs chariot has a different design in the wheel spokes from his officers. its a + shape..the others have more. in one of the fingers of the red sea sticking up...chariot wheels have been found..one with the + shape, along with skulls of man AND beast.

the bible says: god was atop mount sinia & it burned constantly.

near this red sea area crossing there is a mountain.....with a very black top.

a few years ago, a young bedoin shephard boy went after runaway strays by the dead sea. he found them in caves & there was a lot of pottery inside which were "the dead sea scrolls" now put into a museum. a current day pastor in sacramento (doug batchelor) went to see some of these & had someone who could read the old langauge with him. that person read off a passage...turns out its from isaiah. jesus himself probably held some of these scrolls.

Source(s): ron wyatt/michael rood/pastor doug batchelor (who was athiest)/turkish goverment. next question

1) Okay, do we know if time travel is possible? I'm pretty sure there is proof, though it might be hard to understand or explain.

2) You know some the best stories out there are biographies.

3) I've always been afraid of the spirit realm. Sleeping is a big factor in that.

4) I don't know science and the bible seem to prove each other if you ask me.

Begin with earth being formless and empty, but add a little water.

Add some explosive light.

Start your day and night but don't have time really change...Or at least stop seasons from passing.

Now with the extra spinning, have water separate from water so we start getting a sky above the sea.

Dry some of that air so we get land and proper seas.

Then plants start sprouting and grow what they are.

Have planets start spinning more, maybe even changing alignment as stars and suns are suddenly noticeable, have them move to show the passage of time and seasons. Have the sun and moon show up.

Then birds are living in the skies, and fish in the sea, and land animals are marching about.

Last came man.

Time is a bit of a mystery.

"For a thousand years in your sight are like a day that has just gone by, or like a watch in the night."

Psalm 90:4

So yeah, I think earth started out as a watery blob.

5) Well, better to be prepared then not.

6) Is it wrong to believe? Can you achieve anything without belief?

7) Hmm...I heard about an old, old story....

8) Again without faith, nothing would ever be done. You need faith to do anything, I have faith I'll finish college so I'll go to college. I have faith this marriage will work so I'll get married, etc.

9) Is correct, God doesn't need to be worshiped, all of nature worships him already, if he needed any more worship he could even have the rocks praise him. Of course he likes worship, but he doesn't beg for it or anything.

10) Sometimes people want to be right more then want to understand.

Your welcome.

I don't really have any proof I'll be alive in a few minutes.

So it's a fact I won't be alive.

Did gravity exist before it was "proven"?

Yep.

Though it is true, people thought we were tied down by angels.

Can we prove we are not? And how would one start?

We know for a fact that we change the facts with time, what is true today is false tomorrow.

Doctors used to promote smoking, it was healthy for you know, relaxed the muscles and all that.

Knowledge is but a fleeting thing, everchanging and updating..

What makes sense today will be laughed out in 30 years.

Besides what is wrong with believing in God? And what is the point of having all the knowledge in the world if you are going to be a jerk about sharing it? :<

I believe God exists but I'm not looking at facts and logic, while I found it to be helpful, life is more then just a bunch of facts.

Still, I'd like to leave a few things to at least look at...

Tiny Dragons (Draco volans - even flies a little), sea serpent (oarfish), horned/tree humans(Cutaneous horn), vampire disease (Pellagra)... I have a feeling though that no matter what I say most would not be inclined to listen. :<

Source(s): http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/07/business/media/0... - doctors my head & heart /wiki :p

YES

YES

YES

YES

YES

YES

YES

YES

Xenophon and epicurus claimed that if i am not mistaken, but gods are sick bastards so...

YES

Source(s): philosophy
    • Elaine6 years agoReport

If you had faith then you would be enlightened.

• Wukong

I am a serious Atheist -

1) Garbage. We do not have any proof - way different.

2)Yes, agreed.

Other people then used 'literary license' to change it all around anyway. (I've always had a vision of some preacher announcing to his congregation "this is the word of God" and Jesus jumping up and angrily shouting " Bloody rubbish!")

3) Sorry. There is rather limited proof - enough to be (just) accepted scientifically, without enough to know what, exactly. It seems we are indeed a little more than a couple of dollars worth of carbon and chemicals - could cause a few probs with insurance?

(Besides, my best friend who had just been blown to bits, carried my badly wounded self 4Km to safety. And nobody could ever explain it by any other means. I could tell other stories too)

4) O.K! The Bible used today (all 28 of them)? No way! It's all allegorical, sorry. And that has been twisted about too much.

What those allegories really refer to has much in common with the best scientific theories of today. But it's all theory. So you are quite right.

5) O.K. But again, you offer lack of evidence as proof. That's impossible. Proof requires evidence. Besides, it's just 3) again.

6) Yes, that is the definition of faith. You must know someone who has a dictionary.

7) Speak for yourself. There are thousands of documented stories where a person claims this. Who are you to judge them all?

8) True. (Your friend with the dictionary again, or perhaps an encyclopedia) Faith implies belief, but does not imply reality.

9) You present this as a fact! Therefor, He must have told you so himself, right? Or are you claiming to be God's creator?

10) I can't stop laughing!

"Know" indicates belief.

Facts are provable, allowing that they exist within our space/time continuum (which a God would not)

I can always prove that I said what I said.

Anyway, you have negated your own argument. Foot in mouth (or self sex) - I've done it myself often enough. Try re-phrasing.

But at least you have had some thoughts, and come up with some ideas worth a bit of debate.

Right or wrong, that's a lot more than many theists/atheists ever do.

(If I thought you were stupid, I would not have bothered to answer)

I will just give you an example.

Scientist stated years ago that the smallest thing in the world is the ATOM then as years passed by scientist discovered a machine that can magnify much detailed architectural features that made up the atom called protons, neutrons, and electrons. As years passed and the technology is higher than before or advanced, scientist found out that the 3 particles are consists of energy.

What I'm trying to say is we cannot really sure that what we believed is a fact. We, all of us we are just dependent on the informations that we assumed to be a fact.

Can we really tell that we are the only living planet who have life? Are we the only ''human'' exists? Remember, the Universe is so huge that you can't possibly imagine how huge is it. It's mind blowing! We are just a tiny dusts in this vastly universe. Considering our planet is just a dot in outerspace.

Just to clear, I'm an atheist. But I also believe that there is a source in everything we see and couldn't see. I'm an open-minded person. I love to learn new things. If people won't agree, its fine with me. :)

''What if all the things you believe in is just a dream, and when you wake up it's the reality'' - anonymous

1. False - there is evidence for God - lots of it.

2. True - the books of the Bible has just over 40 human authors.

3. There is some, but, it is not widely accepted. Check Dr. Duncan MacDougall's work on trying to measure the weight of the soul as it leaves the body at the moment of death.

4. Not with science. The Bible talks about life beginning, having that God did it, but, the details are "myth" - a story about truth, but for which the details might not be. We know God did it, but, we don't know exactly how.

5. Afterlife: Proof. Jesus was killed, and seen alive later by something over 500 people. Heaven: Jesus talks about it. Hell - it's not a place, just death (according to the Bible).

6. Sort of.

7. False. Jesus did.

8. True.

9. False.

10. False.

1. no

2. That depends what you mean. The scribes were men but the Words were of God.

3. no

4. no

5. no

6. I don't know if it is always that!

7. no

8. no

9. no, (and I can tell you a good reason why He wants to be worshipped; just email me if interested.)

10 no

I have a problem with number 4. Scientists have a lot of good ideas about how the first simple living cells got a foothold on Earth almost four billion years ago. They may never know which idea is correct because four billion years ago was a very long time. But they are 100% certain it wasn't a magical process. A magic god fairy had absolutely nothing to do with it.

Everything else you wrote makes sense. For example of course the idiotic bible wasn't written or inspired by a god fairy. Only a drooling moon would be able to believe that bullsh*t.

1) Yes that is true.

2) I would say I am as certain of this as I could reasonably be.

3) Yes, true.

4) There is no proof of this, but there are scientific theories that explain this quite well.

5) True.

6) True.

7) True.

8) True.

9) That is subjective and I don't know this for a fact, even as someone who is agnostic.

10) True.

• Marvin

You're correct ole friend but the ONLY way to prove any of this,for a fact,will come when we take that final step into death itself. We will either wake up in heaven or becomeprisonerss in our owncrypt'ss and not know a single thing. Well put BTW.

Source(s): SC
  • 1) flat out wrong.

2) again, flat out wrong.

3) again, flat out wrong. In fact, we have scientific proof that this one is at least a strong possibility.

4) This is completely wrong both for science and the Bible.

5) There is no hell, the Bible says that itself (Genesis 3:19; Psalms 146:3,4; Ecclesiastes 9:5,6,10).

6) This one really goes without saying.

7) Since we don't know the same people, we can pretty much say this one is true whether we go to heaven or not; but for the record, the Bible does say that most people, Christian or not, will not be going to heaven (Psalms 37:11,29; Isaiah 65:21-23; Matthew 5:5; Revelation 21:1-4), but rather will be resurrected to earth.

8) That would be incorrect. Most people believe faith to be a blind belief, but Hebrews 11:1 gives the true definition of faith--that is, a belief based on evidence. In fact, true faith is a guarantee that what we have faith in will happen, because true faith is based on evidence and evidence does not lie.

9) He does not need to be worshipped, but considering what He has done for you, don't you think a little thanks is in order? He doesn't need it, but you should feel obligated to give it anyway, just because He does deserve your thanks for what He has done for you.

10) Again, flat out wrong.

My thoughts

Your welcome.