Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 7 years ago

Do you agree with the quote "Money doesn't buy happiness"?

Has money ever bought your happiness? Even if it was only temporarily?

• FaScEs
    Favorite Answer

I disagree, money can buy you happiness, lets face facts and stop with the bullshiit. If you're not happy when you're rich money can't make you happy because you have problems.

The saying "Money doesn't buy happiness" is akin to saying walking in the woods will lead to bear attack, 99.99999999% of people who bush walk do so safely.

If some nut case can't find happiness while being rich, saying "Money doesn't buy happiness" is spurious, 99.99999999% of people with money are happier then those without.

Money And Happiness Quotes

I passed happiness going 100mph until it was so far back in the rear view that I forgot how to get back. The out-lands of bliss and oblivion were all that I could see. It cost an obscene amount of money and I ended up in one of Dante's hells with no money or freedom. I was still happy at times because it is in my nature. Money that buys "Shared happiness" for family and friends has a longer shelf life. As all happiness is temporary we are allowed to consume as much of it as we are able. I sure did. And I was unhappy that no money could solace. This would seem to be in the range of normal in the human condition. Nothing special about my experience.

As money is artificial worth and happiness is a better currency wouldn't happiness buy money?

Aristotle says, imagine if you had everything. A mansion full of cars and money and boats and luxurious food and just everything, but you take away friends, you take away loved ones, you just have your money and stuff...would you be happy?

do you think happiness is objective? do you believe that happiness has an objective standard? or is it subjective? some people are fine working a little over minimum wage and just making love.

money is a means to things, it is not an end in itself.

money is power, some believe, and they hold that it can make individuals do things they normally would not

but money can't make you go against your values so pretty powerless in that regard (if they are truly values)...

can you pay someone to LOVE you? can you buy FRIENDS?

here are some things money can't buy but may bring happiness

-perfect love

-true friendship

-true affection

-virtues/values (hard work, humility, courage)

-understanding of theoretical knowledge

-truly mutual cuddling

between the physical and the intellectual pleasures, anyone who's had both, knows which is greater...

money is needed, few would argue against this, it CAN "buy" happiness because certain things make us happy, food, shelter, insurance, items, using our money to be generous, but there are somethings that money cannot touch or reach

Source(s): philosopher

Don't kid yourself. The idea that the world is divided into A) Poor but happy people and, B) Rich but unhappy people is a romantic myth. In general, poor people are not happy and rich people are.

Money can buy you security, freedom from worry, a nice place to live in, a nice car to drive, vacations, leisure, education, time to spend with family and dozens of other good things. Lack of enough money is about worry, living in lousy, unsafe neighborhoods, no time for yourself or others and a lot of other miseries. So bottom line: money doesn't buy happiness -- that comes from having good human relationships -- but the lack of money can "buy" you a lot of unhappiness.

As Mae West once said, "I've been rich and I've been poor, and believe me, rich is better."

There have been a lot of study into this.

Psycological tests have shown that "happiness" levels in the brain (based on chemical indicators) increase by around 10% when we buy something new that we like.

The catch is... the chemical indicators then return to baseline levels a few days later.

So strictly speaking, yes money does buy happiness, but in a more general sense it does not buy lasting happiness.

Idk money can buy temporary happiness but things free in life like love or having a child or laughing are all good for the soul and emotions and true love never gets spent but money does!! Some people have crazy 65 hour a week Jobs making 1.5 million a year at LEAST and end up quitting because although the money way great---they yearned for a job they were truly happy and passionate about. So I think money's just a quick bandaid fix to happiness, I think to be happy inside you need to find the free things in life !!

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): agree quote quot money doesn 39 buy happiness quot: https://shortly.im/yLYLb

We're constantly manifesting. Each thought we have develops an energy circulation within and around our physical beings. This energy attracts its similarity. So if you're believing, "I draw," then your energy sort of, well, sucks- and you attract sucks experiences and this is simply one of the things that this book Manifestation Miracle https://tr.im/41QRJ will learn you. The positive affirmations, once you impress a brand-new idea, concept or image into your subconscious, it ultimately ends up being rooted in the soil of your subconscious.

Manifestation Miracle is very comprehensive and the idealt non fluff overview of the law of attraction and how to utilize it to its maximum capacity. If you are seeking a life changing motivational read then this guide from start to finish! You most certainly won't regret it.

• Lesley

Actually I don't agree with it, no. I think in this day and age it just doesn't stand, because poverty brings despair.

(not saying you can't be skint and happy or rich and miserable, just that for some people, money is what they need to be happy)