Matt asked in Science & MathematicsMedicine · 8 years ago

Zoloft and melatonin?

I take 150 of zoloft one pill. And I took 3 pills of melatonin 3 mg each is it ok to mix these too

6 Answers

Relevance
  • a2gal
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

there are no known interactions between these 2 medications. 9 mg of melatonin is kind of a large dose but certainly not anything too extreme. i don't know when you take your zoloft but you should be taking it in the morning because it can cause insomnia; if you're taking it later in the day, try taking it earlier and see if you still need the melatonin.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Zoloft And Melatonin

• 4 years ago

Melatonin And Zoloft

• 6 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Zoloft and melatonin?

I take 150 of zoloft one pill. And I took 3 pills of melatonin 3 mg each is it ok to mix these too

Source(s): zoloft melatonin: https://shortly.im/iRnTu
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

Yeah. Melatonin isn't dangerous at all. But keep in mind that it's only effective for about 20% of the population or so. The rest get pretty much no benefit from taking it.

• 8 years ago

It doesn't sound seriously dangerous, but 9 mg of melotonin at one time, is a pretty hefty dose!!! Based upon what i know of these two drugs, you should be prepared for an abnormal night of sleep... either very heavy, or with some strange dreams in it.... certainly not a "normal" night!! Other than not getting proper sleep for a night or two, and maybe being groggy and unfocused the day after (ie, tomorrow, i don't think you will have any problems.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.