What is the best city for a weekend getaway in Europe?

I'll be going to Europe for a weekend in August. Which city is the best and what can i do there?

Ideally western Europe as it is closer to where I live (UK) but anywhere will do!

I already like the look of Copenhagen and Amsterdam!

Favorite Answer

There really is no best city that suits everyone; it really depends on your interests. However, in my experience, it would be wrong no matter where you choose to go. Copenhagen and Amsterdam are wonderful, but so are Prague, Berlin, Stockholm, Rome, Florence, Venice, Budapest, Vienna, Barcelona, Geneva, Zurich, Paris, Bruges, Munich ... I've been to all of them and more and would be glad to go back to any of them. In your case, Amsterdam is close and involves relatively little travel time. There are hundreds of museums covering about every conceivable topic, historic sites like the Anne Frank House, canal trips, festivals depending on exactly when you go, and lots of restaurants and shopping.

I'd select Malta. That's pretty quality and fascinating. Blended culture, crossways from Africa to Europe. The architecture is rather wonderful, the landscape is potent and it's mediterranean, so heat in wintertime. They communicate just right English and their native tongue, Maltese, is an uncommon language a mixture of Italian and Arabic. That is a tremendous place for having a relaxing and interesting holiday. First-class of success !

definately amsterdam! Im going this july and i've been twice before. its a lovely city with plenty to do in a weekend with the added bonus that you can get high!

I would suggest Paris and London would be pretty good cities to go. There isn't really a best city to go to. I think it depends on the tourists and what their opinion of the city. It depends on what they like. In my opinion, Paris is a really good city especially if you're a couple. They have really nice things there :)

Amsterdam of course! I'm sure you'll love it. It is a great city in term os everything

• Simmi

My personal choice would be Barcelona (very vibrant and energetic city) or Palermo for its palaces, history and the shopping experience.