Flipping Car Crash Physics Help?

Is it possible to flip another car over, when you crash into it, driving at 30 miles per hour?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • PMack
    Lv 7
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

It depends on a lot of factors - the center of gravity of the car being flipped matters a lot - a lifted Suzuki Samurai is a lot easier to flip than a Lincoln Town Car. Also the geography - is the car being hit also on a slope?

So I'd say it's unlikely, it's definitely possible under certain circumstances.

If you were in such an accident, let the insurance companies figure it out, then know the science of it and when it's all said and done my opinion won't mean a thing, they will decide who was at fault.

• 3 years ago

It's no longer always automobiles turning over since there is many specific points as to how that may occur. Seem at Joey Logano at Dover. Sure he flipped but the one cause he flipped is seeing that of how he hit the wall and the way Reed Sorenson hit him. I suppose what i am seeking to say is the automobiles can flip ordinarilly at any place, it just is dependent upon circumstance. What everybody is worried about is with the cars going airborne. As Brad Keselowski, Carl Edwards, and Ryan Newman did. Although Edwards was coming backpedal adore it used to be supposed to when he landed on top of Newman's hood. When the cars regularly take flight, for lack of a greater term, is when it gets particularly dangerous, for the drivers and fans. That's why everyone is involved with the automobiles getting airborne, no longer always rolling over.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

If its a SUV or something it is possible, police use this tick to cause a car to spin out during a chase. It has something to do with hitting the rear of the car just right so the driver will over correct and spin out possibly flipping thier car.

• 7 years ago

It's not common, but it could happen under the right circumstances. For example, if the car is parked at the edge of a cliff, without brakes, and you push the car over the edge of the cliff, then it could flip on the way down.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.