dryer heating element burnt out immediately after new install?

Hi,

I have a Whirlpool dryer (model LER8648PW1). Last week it stopped drying so I took the back off and discovered that the heating element was blown (I could see a break in the cable). So I ordered a new heating element and then after I installed it. I then turned on the dryer and I noticed it got really hot really quickly (I could see a red glow through the vent in the dryer). I turned the dryer off, waited for it to cool down and then tried again. Now the dryer doesn't heat again!

I haven't taken the back off yet, but I assume the heating element has blown again! Any idea why this brand new heading element would blow? I got an official Whirlpool replacement too

many thanks

George

In response to Harely Drive's answer - do you mean the blower wheel? As see here: http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Blower-Whee...

Or do you mean the motor that the blower wheel is attached too? Is there a way that I can confirm that it is what is broken?

thanks!

George

Favorite Answer

the fan has seized or failed , the element depends on the fan to cool it , your mistake I'm afraid as that's why the first one blew