Obnoxious family member>?

I have this family member who calls all the time asking for rides to her friends house to go drink and smoke... I honestly hate being the third wheel but she's a family member..... Anyways she recently got me into drinking and smoking and now I take her so I can do it too... However it caused a lot of problems with my family and now I don't drink or smoke any longer (yeah I know it's lame only 1 month) .... but she still asks for rides to come over... ( mind you she lives around the block from me... ) I pick her up and bring her over.... all we do is listen to music and go on the internet.... so I don't see a point in her coming over.... I love her and everything because she's family but is her using me to go places a little over the top? and should I stop picking her up or how should I tell her I'm tired of picking her up.....?

• ?
    Favorite Answer

If you're a minor and still living at home ask your mom or dad to help you end this practice. Preferably, the one who is related to her will do that for you, but either of them could help. You're being taken advantage of and you don't have the sort of coping skills needed (as a kid) to "just say no" to her.

If you're an adult, then you've got to come up with the strength to do that for yourself. Just tell her that you've thought about it and you don't think she should be spending so much time at your house. Let her know that you'd appreciate a short visit once in a while but you have things that need to be done before you can spend much time listening to music and being online.

you do no longer provide any specifics as to WHY the fam member is obnoxious (i understand, LOL, you prolly do no longer prefer to think of roughly it!). i'm getting the experience that the Obnoxious kin member (OFM!) is a youthful sister, possibly a lot youthful, somebody who's possibly following you around a lot, shoving her oar into each and every thing you're doing, or a minimum of attempting to?! consistent with hazard entering into your stuff and not respecting your privateness? i might recommend that sometime, in case you do the >opposite< of what you think of might artwork, it must be effectual. Ignoring her prolly does not artwork, a minimum of no longer completely - as you have got here upon, or you does not be writing. i think of she needs interest from you, and in simple terms does not understand a thank you to get it - so she lodges to being a discomfort. whether it somewhat is a youthful sister - consistent with hazard you ought to take a seat and communicate together with her, definitely and in a well mannered way, whilst she isn't being a brilliant discomfort, and clarify to her which you adore her, you think of she is fairly particular, and you will possibly prefer to spend some particular time including her, in simple terms doing something that she might prefer to do. Then set aside it slow, and do it - whether it somewhat is to play a activity, do a puzzle, choose for a walk - despite she might prefer to do, is fairly. Make it an customary component - very just about like a date, LOL, so as that she is acquainted with she will anticipate the time with you and getting your interest. communicate together with her respectfully, as though she is extra grown up than she is (whether it kills you; i are conscious of it's going to be annoying interior the beginning up, yet have confidence me!). all of us prefer to be dealt with with know! i think of that if she has something particular with you, and feels she is dealt with with know by you, it is going to rework your dating, and rework her view of herself. then you definately could have a foundation for saying, something of the time, which you like for her to grasp your stuff and your area, in simple terms interior the comparable way which you recognize her. sturdy luck! desire this enables.

• douse

you do no longer supply any specifics as to WHY the fam member is obnoxious (i be attentive to, LOL, you prolly do no longer prefer to think of roughly it!). i'm getting the experience that the Obnoxious kin member (OFM!) is a youthful sister, according to risk plenty youthful, somebody who's according to risk following you around plenty, shoving her oar into each thing you're doing, or a minimum of attempting to?! according to risk stepping into your stuff and not respecting your privateness? i might recommend that sometime, in case you do the >opposite< of what you think of might artwork, it would be useful. Ignoring her prolly does not artwork, a minimum of no longer completely - as you have stumbled on, or you does not be writing. i think of she needs interest from you, and merely does not be attentive to a thank you to get it - so she hotels to being a soreness. despite the fact that if this is a youthful sister - according to risk you ought to take a seat down and communicate together with her, definitely and civilly, whilst she isn't being a huge soreness, and clarify to her which you like her, you think of she is unquestionably specific, and you may prefer to spend some specific time including her, merely doing some thing that she might prefer to do. Then set aside a while, and do it - despite the fact that if this is to play a sport, do a puzzle, choose for a stroll - despite the fact that she might prefer to do, in all equity. Make it a customary element - just about like a date, LOL, so as that she is conscious she will anticipate the time with you and getting your interest. communicate together with her respectfully, as though she is extra grown up than she is (despite the fact that if it kills you; i be attentive to it is going to likely be challenging in the commencing up, yet have confidence me!). all of us prefer to be taken care of with admire! i think of that if she has some thing specific with you, and feels she is taken care of with admire by using you, it is going to remodel your dating, and remodel her view of herself. then you definitely might have a foundation for saying, something of the time, which you prefer for her to admire your stuff and your area, merely in an identical way which you admire her. solid success! wish this helps.

Tell her or if you are nervous make up an excuse. Also say NO TO DRUGS!!! ;D

Source(s): My brain

ask ur parents for help