is messi caucasian or latin?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Messi is an Italian name and only 30% of Argentina's population are indigenous people of being from Argentina. Messi is part of the 70% of the population that comes from Italy, Spain or other European countries like Germany, Wales, England and Scandinavia.

Look and compare Messi's face against Tevez's face and shape of head and you know that Messi is of European origins and Tevez is a native indigenous South American.

Source(s): I am a Bayern Munich fan and I have a Masters degree in History. Argentina population demographics.
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

Messi is caucasian because he is from italian descent, only South America brazil, uruguay and argentina have the most european descents same as north America, but unfortunately ignorance makes us believe that just because they speak smanish or Portuguese they automatically become Latins (not white)

• 7 years ago

Latin is not a race like Caucasian is. It just means that a person is from a Latin American country. A person could be as light as Shakira or as dark as David Ortiz, and still be of Latin descent. Also on the U.S. Census, Hispanic/Latino is listed in a separate question away from the racial question. The main racial categories on the Census are Black, White, Asian, American Indian, and Pacific Islander.

To answer your question, though, he is both.

• 7 years ago

Well I knw that he not Caucasian, I do believe that he is latin.. From Argentina..i think. Lol. He a new daddy by the way.. with shakira

• Ron4 years agoReport

Ignorant lad, he is white, just like any European born in the united states, the culture does not make a difference when it comes to race.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

hes realy white but yes he is

• 7 years ago

latin-

• mark j
    Lv 4
    7 years ago

Messi is a magnificent footballer, ive seen him play. Hes on fast forward while the defence are on real time. Ball glued to his feet the whole time. An awesome sight i will never forget.

Ethnicity and nationality are irrelevant in football and in life.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.